What's new

schick injector first use impressions and thoughts (head shaving)

hello people, so i just used the schick injector i got today,
wow what can i say very very nice shave, somewhat mild so you have to go over the hair a few times if youve got thick coarse hair like me,
i just used the blades it came with so cant comment as to how it compares to other injector blades

anyways you can apply a bit more pressure on the injector razors compared to standard de razors ime,

this i think is perfect for a noob transitioning from cartridge to 'wet shaving'

very easy to use due to the angle of it so its easy to learn imo,
really easy to go against the grain, no chatter as such,

blade does feel more firm and steardy (if thats the right choice of words) compared to a se razor and mkaybe even a de razor

for head shaving because its not got a big 'head' its very easy to use around the ears and on the neck
all in all very impressed, got it to try it out and see what the buzz is about and imo its the real deal

it was such an easy shave and just felt effortless, im impressed tbh

will be looking out for an adjustable or somethings thats more aggressive, if i come across anything that is

anyways if you havent already, try one out its well worth the experience imo 😀👍

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Welcome to the club (there are actually several of them -- see below)!!! I've used A LOT of blade formats (e.g., DE, GEM, Injector, Artist Club, Straight Razor, Hair Shaper, and a fair number of proprietary blades from days of old), and while I enjoy them all to varying degrees, the Injector always wins hands down for shaving comfort, closeness, and just plain ease-of-use. I think you've mentioned before which injector you have, but can you remind me?

Here's the "clubs" I mentioned above:
Society of Injector Shavers
SchickHeads -- Lovers of Schick Injector Razors

If you want something more agressive, then try a type E or a G. These are harder to tell apart from each other because they look the same.
20200328_102343.jpg

Of course the type M adjustable is also a good choice.
20200615_142115.jpg

Welcome to the club (there are actually several of them -- see below)!!! I've used A LOT of blade formats (e.g., DE, GEM, Injector, Artist Club, Straight Razor, Hair Shaper, and a fair number of proprietary blades from days of old), and while I enjoy them all to varying degrees, the Injector always wins hands down for shaving comfort, closeness, and just plain ease-of-use. I think you've mentioned before which injector you have, but can you remind me?

Here's the "clubs" I mentioned above:
Society of Injector Shavers
SchickHeads -- Lovers of Schick Injector Razors
i'll have to join the club lol
think its a type L, check out this thread with pictures of it

i found it very smooth and extremely easy to use,
dont want to jinx myself but it came across to me like its a bit hard to cut yourself with it

If you can find one at a reasonable price, yes. They tend to ask much more for the adjustables.
yea i seen some on etsy and tbh ive never used etsy so i thought i might go for it,
then i noticed most stuff like vintage razors had like £15 delivery charge and to me thats a bit over the top

You might also want to stick with your L for a while. You might find that it works well for you after you've gotten more experience with it.

yea not sure ill be using itn all the time as ive got a lot of de blades to go through but its going to be in the rotation hopefully

which injector blades do you use?

yea not sure ill be using itn all the time as ive got a lot of de blades to go through but its going to be in the rotation hopefully

which injector blades do you use?
I use both Schick and the Personna blades. I tend to use the Schicks more because I can buy them at my local pharmacy.

Reactions: saj
Used it again last night and honestly it's such a pleasure using the schick, wish I knew about it ages ago tbh lol

Used it again last night and honestly it's such a pleasure using the schick, wish I knew about it ages ago tbh lol

If I got it right you're in UK. Connaught shaving has those personna injector 20 blade packs. They're Good blades too. I have most of the vintage schick and pal injector models as well as the modern supply ss / parker adjustable. I use the yellow packaged Chinese schick "chicks" as well the personna. They're both good blades.

For me both are imports so the personna coming from UK are cheaper to buy in bulk.

Top Bottom