What's new

Schick injector clone

I had one a couple years ago. They were also sold under different packaging from the Vermont Country Store and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. Loaded with a Schick blade it was pretty mild and good enough for a quick shave. I sold it because I also had a Schick adjustable injector that worked better.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I too tried it seems like a great while ago - maybe from PAA. I found the shave too mild for my taste, like the later Schick model it is a counterfeit of .. should be able to find a genuine one floating in the Bay for half that price too

Indeed there are plenty. Yesterday I received a fine NOS L1 for $10+Shipping.

i2289230484.jpg

Last edited:
True, there seems to be plenty of vintage Schick injector razors around. If anything, the fact that someone produced a modern clone seems to indicate that there's still a market.

The Supply and Parker injectors look interesting!

I found an adjustable vintage Schick injector (type "M"?) and I'm expecting delivery tomorrow or the day after. I also got some yellow package Schick branded injector blades in my local grocery store for what seems to be a good price. Looking forward to trying the injector, for sure!

I really like my Supply SE. The nick-stop fins allow all the lather to get right to the blade edge. It is the smoothest shave I have. One can lay down a thick coat of lather and nothing will clog the SE. It works well for everyday shaves and it is the first razor I'd go for if I was shaving off a beard.

I have a couple of vintage Schicks that are in the queue to try as well, but my first injector was the Supply SE. I highly recommend it!

garyg

I have a first generation Supply and it is a decent razor. It is substantially heavier than a vintage Schick, which affects the shave ..

I have a first generation Supply and it is a decent razor. It is substantially heavier than a vintage Schick, which affects the shave ..
Those were around 110 grams, and yes, on the heavy side. The new versions are down to 90 grams, I believe.

garyg

Those were around 110 grams, and yes, on the heavy side. The new versions are down to 90 grams, I believe.
The difference may be due to the use of pot metal for the newer ones? Seems the first was solid SS, or maybe I misremember again

Top Bottom