What's new

Schick Injector - Awesome handle

I saw this in an antique store this morning. This is the first Injector I have bought and the handle called to me like a Siren's Song.

The leather case didn't hurt either.

and then I read on here when identifying what I just purchased:

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Domed leather over metal clam shell in:
brown (common) with 20 year guarantee,
blue (scarce) likely WW2 Navy issue or
red (rarest) always WW2 armed forces.

Oh sweet! rarest one of the Type E :biggrin: And it's military :cool:

Then it should be an E-4. I have one of those cases but the razor eludes me. They are easily confused with a type G without the side flaps especially in bad auction photos.

Congratulations! They are awesome shavers.

Thank you!

That same shop also had a couple of GEM's. Quite literally New In Box ranging from $40-$80 in price.

Thank you!

That same shop also had a couple of GEM's. Quite literally New In Box ranging from $40-$80 in price.

Wow! I think you made a great move getting the Injector and a very wise move passing on the GEM's. I've heard that scrubbing bubbles is not the best thing for Bakelite, which your handle should be made from, so a quick pre shave alcohol soak should get the petrified nasties off.

Now go to the supermarket or drug store to get some injector blades and give that razor a workout!

Three guesses what I'll be shaving with tonight and the first two won't count. :biggrin:

Anyone else have any of these? I just want to see if there are any variences to the handle. That's what caught my eye in the first place.

Top Bottom