What's new

Schick Hydro Magic - How to change blades?

Can blades be injected into a Schick Hydro Magic, or do they have to be inserted manually by opening up the razor head using the lever inscribed "Change blade" & dropping the blade in by hand?

Both sides of my Hydro Magic, where the injector key would be inserted, look the same. On my PAL Injecto-Matics, the sides are different & one side is inscribed "Insert key".

You change the blades just as in a regular injector. Keep the razor closed, insert the key, then the new razor blade which ejects the old, used blasé. You only open the hydromatic lever to clean the razor not to change the blade.

You change the blades just as in a regular injector. Keep the razor closed, insert the key, then the new razor blade which ejects the old, used blasé. You only open the hydromatic lever to clean the razor not to change the blade.

Many thanks for the quick reply. I thought that this was probably the case, but I was confused by the "Change blade" inscription on the lever.

Don't ever try to change blades with the lever open. That will severely damage the razor, probably permanently. It even says "Close to change blades" on the lever.

Don't ever try to change blades with the lever open. That will severely damage the razor, probably permanently. It even says "Close to change blades" on the lever.
With my reading glasses on, I can see that the lever says "Close to change blade". At first glance, when the razor was delivered, I just saw the "Change blade" on the one half of the lever. Doh!

I think mine is a J3, how will it shave compared to a PAL Injecto-Matic?

I find the J3 to be a fairly mild razor compared to the Injectomatic. Personally, I rate the PAL Injectomatic very close to the Type G. I like both of them very much. But that doesn't mean that the Js don't shave well. Using a Personna 74 blade in my J4, I got 49 shaves on a single blade--all were 3-pass with touch-up, and most were BBS.

Top Bottom