What's new

Schick H, this lady has some attitude!

P1090679(rc1).jpg
First shave with the Schick Type H lady's fashion razor. Wow this is one aggressive lady! But, She can be smooth too if you know how to treat her. All you have to do is keep the cap resting on your skin and She's sweet as a Kitty cat, but try to go steep and feel the wrath of the lion! Easily the most aggressive Schick I've tried including C-1, D, E-2, E-3,and Canadian G. Probably would have been easier if I could see what I was doing, but most of my shaving is head shaving. First time I've cut myself in quite a while and 12 hours later i still feel irritation behind my ears, but I am still DFS. I don't see much about these, so I'm curious who else has tried one and if your experience was the same as mine.

It was originally designed for underarm use, which must almost as hard to see as the back of the head. Just like the Type F (whose head it resembles), it works best when riding the cap.

I used it again today. After a few strokes and thinking how aggressive it felt. I took a closer look at the blade. My eyes must have been working better this morning than last time. I could see the blade was not quite hitting the stop correctly. I pushed it a bit with way thumbnail and it fell into place, much better now. Still very efficient, but smoother. Also still a little awkward, but I think it will find it's way to the top of the rotation at least every now and then.

I have used my H quite a bit. As you have found it's probably the least reliable Schick in terms of blade alignment, I often have to futz with it which is pretty annoying. Once set I do enjoy both head and beard shaves with it. Not remotely as aggressive as my E2.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have used my H quite a bit. As you have found it's probably the least reliable Schick in terms of blade alignment, I often have to futz with it which is pretty annoying. Once set I do enjoy both head and beard shaves with it. Not remotely as aggressive as my E2.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. Even I would with the bade in properly I would still put it right up with my E-2, and probably a little over it. May just be the handle though. I also know you find your MMOC to be smoother than I do. So it may be differences in technique or skin types. Or maybe it's been a while since I've put a fresh blade in my E-2. These blades do last for many shaves and I never count, just change when it takes more work than I want to put in.

Now that I think about it it was kind of a pain loading, didn't want to give the injector back. I really had to pull and work it back out.

Top Bottom