What's new

Schick Golden 500

Here is a cool lot of injectors I got. The 500 looks like it was never used, anyone know when this razor was made?

Last edited:
Nicew score! The Golden 500 was made at some point between 1958 and 1964. It is one of my favorite injector models.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here is a cool lot of injectors I got. The 500 looks like it was never used, anyone know when this razor was made?

This quote;

"After the 1930's, Schick rarely produced de luxe versions of their razors like Gillette and others did. Some notable exceptions: the gold plated and gold filled handles released by Eversharp in 1946 and 1947, the up-scale "Golden 500" model released in the early 1960's, and the International Silver version with the "Paul Revere" tableware handle that appeared in the early 1970's."

is from here;

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Thanks Mark and Phil, its hard to find any info on this razor
I did find this post, looks like they are worth some money:w00t:

Last edited:
They are a good razor. I'm not a huge fan of the Schick injectors but I make an exception for these. They shave very well. I've managed to pick up a white one and a black one.

I got one of these Golden 500's with a black handle and a PAL adjustable in a lot I won last week. They still have used blades in them :scared: and look in pristine condition. It's good to know they are quality razors :001_smile as I was thinking of re-selling them. Never used an injector before and didn't purchase what I did for the injectors! The fact that you can't buy injector blades in a store and have to get them online really sucks!! That white handle yours has looks better than the black one on mine. It reminds me of my desert sand w/ gold pickguard Fender Duo Sonic. Beautiful colors that really blend so well! I just checked completed eBay listings for the Schick 500 razors and prices vary so much. Ones with cases are up to $70 but regular used ones can be had for $5-$10 it looks like but they none of them look like new and they have plating loss. There's also a Schick Hydro-Matic 500 injector razor and just a regular 500 it looks like. Not sure of the difference :confused1. Off to Amazon to check out injector blades I guess! :wink2:
proxy.php

This quote;

"After the 1930's, Schick rarely produced de luxe versions of their razors like Gillette and others did. Some notable exceptions: the gold plated and gold filled handles released by Eversharp in 1946 and 1947, the up-scale "Golden 500" model released in the early 1960's, and the International Silver version with the "Paul Revere" tableware handle that appeared in the early 1970's."

is from here;

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm
Phil, your link says...."This Account Has Been Suspended"

Top Bottom