What's new

Schick G1 With Custom Handle

About 6 months ago I started gathering Schick injector razors. I saw a pic of one in a search result with a custom handle, and as I come from a woodworking background I was determined that I had to make my own handle so I started gathering info. Through the help of a couple outstanding gentleman, I got the info I needed and was put the direction of a G1 with a cracked handle. I made 2 blanks, one out black walnut one out of Red cedar. The red cedar I made to the same length as my G8 with more width height and taper, the walnut I patterned the original .I liked the cedar better so drilled the hole for the ferrule epoxied it on let in cure for 24hrs, and tapered the handle to the ferrule. 3 cuts of sanding and 5 coats of oil based polyurethane. It came out awesome, my best looking Schick type E/G. Its great shaver, I made a key ring Rob out of the other handle ( I still need to coat it with poly). My future plans are to do another in walnut copying the G8 handle, and doing one with deer antler.

Before
g1t1.jpg
proj1.jpg

After
20221223_182444.jpg
20221223_182549.jpg

Top Bottom