What's new

Schick Fans?

Hi,
I was curious not to come across many Schick Users/fans out there?
I understand most of us are vintage Gillette users, Merkurs, and
a handfull of SE users ( ie; GEM/Everready ).

Are these Schick razors not popular for some reason?

Thanx!

:confused: :confused:

There's a few. I think the lack of quality blades keeps some away, though I have heard the Chinese made injector blades might be decent.

Mark

I haven't much to compare them to, except the NOS Schick blades (probably made in Holland) that came with my L1, but the Chinese made blades are definitely better than those. It's a real shame that there is no Feather equivalent for our beloved Injector.

The Feather AC blades are longer than injector blades. They must be cut or otherwise trimmed to fiit an injector.

-Clarke

Damn, now I'm going to risk horrible mutilations by ballistic pieces of razor sharp metal clippings. Thanks a lot, B&B... :wink:

Hi,
I was curious not to come across many Schick Users/fans out there?
I understand most of us are vintage Gillette users, Merkurs, and
a handfull of SE users ( ie; GEM/Everready ).

Are these Schick razors not popular for some reason?

Thanx!

:confused: :confused:

In non-Injector Schick news, they did make a TTO safety razor, the Krona. They don't speak up a lot, but there is a loyal fanbase of this razor on our very own forum.

I'm a big Schick fan, "E" Type. Wonderful little shaver, beautiful design. Schick still makes blades, they used to be made in Germany, I'm told newer stock is made in China. I'm also told that Ted Pella sells excellent quality injector blades.

I am an injector fan and pair them with Pella injector blades. I am a big Schick DE fan though. I really like my Kronas and my Platinum DE.

In non-Injector Schick news, they did make a TTO safety razor, the Krona. They don't speak up a lot, but there is a loyal fanbase of this razor on our very own forum.

Just today I received a Krona, purchased on eBay ... it will need cleaning and sanitizing, but otherwise it's in good shape. Wow, it is LIGHT compared to my 38C! :biggrin: Once I get it cleaned up and ready to go, I'll report.

Just today I received a Krona, purchased on eBay ... Once I get it cleaned up and ready to go, I'll report.

I picked mine up for a dollar or so on the 'bay. It's quite a nice little shaver. As gentle as my '47 Superspeed, but the longer handle makes it a little easier to use.

Here is the Schick Platnum I was talking about.
proxy.php

Platnum is not an official name, but the Krona was called a Krona because they came with Schick Krona blades, and the Platnum came with Schick Platnum blades.

Dammit ....SHHHHHH!!!!

We don't talk up the razor cause we don't want the frickin' prices to go through the roof on eBay.

so .... SHHHHHH!!!!

Dammit ....SHHHHHH!!!!

We don't talk up the razor cause we don't want the frickin' prices to go through the roof on eBay.

so .... SHHHHHH!!!!

LOL

I've now shaved twice with this razor, with a German Wilkinson blade. Not bad, though I've not mastered it and suspect it's a pretty mild razor and needs a sharper blade.

One thing I really like is the machining on the top surface of the butterfly doors. It's beautiful! The razor cleaned up very nicely, so now it looks almost new.

BTW, mine is actually a Stainless. The instruction sheet that came with it mentions Shick Stainless Blades.

An inexpensive used Krona was my first DE and, because of its light weight, remains in my travel kit. Because of its light weight, it's not in my daily rotation (which is occupied by a couple of SuperSpeeds). Nice little razor and, when paired with a Crystal / Israeli Platinum blade, provides a fine (and inexpensive) shave.

(Sorry, Lou ... :redface:)

Top Bottom