What's new

Schick F-type?

I find the Type F to be quite a bit milder than the G or I (or just about any other non adjustable model). They are kind of like the "Techs" of the Injector set.

They are certainly beautiful to look at, but, personally, I wished they shaved more like the G and E models.

I find the Type F to be quite a bit milder than the G or I (or just about any other non adjustable model). They are kind of like the "Techs" of the Injector set.

They are certainly beautiful to look at, but, personally, I wished they shaved more like the G and E models.

That's too bad... Have one coming in and was curious. I like the G and I-type.

I agree. I was very stoked when I finally acquired one because I expected it to shave like the E and G models.

Don't fret too much though, because it's still quite serviceable. I just prefer aggressive razors and really close shaves.
I like aggressive razors and close shaves too. However I can not tell much difference in shave between the F and my G8. In fact I prefer the F.

This is my experience too. I sold my F after concluding that it was just too mild a shaver for me. I liked its design and heft, but it was a mediocre shaver.

This is my experience too. I sold my F after concluding that it was just too mild a shaver for me. I liked its design and heft, but it was a mediocre shaver.
I get a slightly better shave out of it than with my G8; do not have other G or E models, so I can not compare to those.

I get a slightly better shave out of it than with my G8; do not have other G or E models, so I can not compare to those.

I have a G6 injector that shaves about as closely as my E. I also recently acquired an I with the cream colored handle, that also shaves quite closely. All shave better for me than the F.

I have a G6 injector that shaves about as closely as my E. I also recently acquired an I with the cream colored handle, that also shaves quite closely. All shave better for me than the F.
I will fetch my I, so I can compare to that.

I will fetch my I, so I can compare to that.

And so I did. Only: in the I a nos Schick Krona blade was used; in the F a nos PAL blade. The I is no match for the F; way less effective. I could feel it immediately after the shave... But: could be the blade. Will try to get a PAL blade in the I.

Top Bottom