What's new

Schick Eversharp Puzzler (to me)

Recently found a family heirloom Schick early model E, and looked around on E-Bay to see just what else was out there.

I'm guessing it's an Eversharp G, but the finish is unlike any other I've found yet: The gold surface is dimpled or pinged. The razor pics show it to be in pretty good condition, and for 9 bucks, I can't lose.

Can anyone further ID this for me?
Since this forum is unable to let me post directly from MY computer files, and the Album feature isn't intuitive, the only pics I can provide are from the e-bay site. I hope they will suffice:
Vintage EVERSHARP SCHICK Safety Razor with Celluloid Handle With Blade | eBay

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've seen that "textured" finish before (most recently on a Schick E2) -- and I'm no Schick expert, but given the Eversharp, I would guess a Type G as well.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. It looks to be a Schick Type G1 with a pebble-grained finish. The pebble-grain finish can be found on some, but not all, of the Type G razors, including some of the nickel-plated ones.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. It looks to be a Schick Type G1 with a pebble-grained finish. The pebble-grain finish can be found on some, but not all, of the Type G razors, including some of the nickel-plated ones.
Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I found one of the pebble-grained finish at Etsy, but nothing anywhere else. Looks to maybe have been not a popular option?

Check out Schick Injector Razors too.
Since this forum is unable to let me post directly from MY computer files, and the Album feature isn't intuitive, the only pics I can provide are from the e-bay site. I hope they will suffice:
o_O
Do you not get the three baby-poop green buttons: "POST REPLY", "UPLOAD A FILE" and "MORE OPTIONS..." below the post entry form?
The "Upload a file" one is what you need (if not using an Album).

I have an E Type with the pebble grain and one with smooth brass. Also, the safety bar varies from those with lines like the one you posted versus those like mind with are textured.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

They don't suffice (my guess is the razor pictured is a G, but it's not entirely possible to be sure). Steve (Post #3) is the real expert on Schicks.

Please show photos of the underside of your razor making sure all the numbers are visible, and the springs. Also, you can get some help from the link posted earlier by John.

proxy.php

Please show the numbers on the left hand (bottom in this photo) side of the spring.

The forum lets us upload and post photos from our computers. I do it every day.

Welcome and happy shaves,

Jim

It does look go be a G type. Grooved bar guard, two rows of numbers on the left (the type Es only have one row, which is what Jim was alluding to above), and there's a seam down the middle of the handle. I am not as good at identifying which of the subtypes a razor is, and since the whole system is arbitrary and created by someone online, I personally don't narrow it down much more than the base type for the Es and Gs. For some of the later models where it is blatantly obvious and makes a significant difference which subtype a razor is (I-1 vs I-2 for example), I'll get more picky. The Es and Gs tend to be more efficient while still being smooth on the whole, some less smooth than others but all very efficient, so I don't personally find all of the subtypes that useful. Some are nice to collect, like the solid gold ones.

Don't think I added much to what you knew about the razor unfortunately. Sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Check out Schick Injector Razors too.
o_O
Do you not get the three baby-poop green buttons: "POST REPLY", "UPLOAD A FILE" and "MORE OPTIONS..." below the post entry form?
The "Upload a file" one is what you need (if not using an Album).
Let me try again, since at my initial post, the only option was either pics from the Album or URL
Kiki and Matt Test pic.jpg

OK Got it now - wasn't available before.
The razor in question is still in transit, so when I have delivery next week, I'll post pics.

Top Bottom