What's new

Schick E3?

Just arrived via the bay. $4.99 delivered. I think it's an E3 (corrections, verification gratefully accepted). Looks in good shape, needs a cleaning. And now I have to start looking for more blades. I guess I never saw a rabbit hole I didn't need to jump in.
schick_1b.jpg

schick_2b.jpg

schick_3.jpg

schick_4b.jpg

From what I can see it certainly looks like an E3. It has an evenly striped safety bar, "ears" on the spring, and a single patent number. The handle almost looks like it has a seam, but the head is pure E3.

From what I can see it certainly looks like an E3. It has an evenly striped safety bar, "ears" on the spring, and a single patent number. The handle almost looks like it has a seam, but the head is pure E3.
There is a faint "seam", although it may just be a mold mark. I don't have a plastic handle model to compare it to. And I think a G would be labelled Eversharp. Either way, for $4.99 I think I got a good deal.

schick_5.jpg

schick_6.jpg

There is a faint "seam", although it may just be a mold mark. I don't have a plastic handle model to compare it to. And I think a G would be labelled Eversharp. Either way, for $4.99 I think I got a good deal.

View attachment 914709
View attachment 914710
Hard to tell from your photos. The bar guard appears to have parallel lines and a seam in the handle. Yet, there appear to be "flaps" on the spring.

Here is the source I use. RENALDO.US - Schick Injector razor history and Colonel Jacob Schick

Finally had a chance to use it this morning. That is a smooth and efficient shaver. Took down a three day growth with no issues. The angle is a little different than other razors (no big surprise) but easy to maintain.

Gotta love those thicker, stiffer SE blades.

Those old Schick injectors don't get the love they deserve. They're bad-*** looking razors and provide fine shaves.

Congratulations on picking up a great shaver.

Congratulations on the razor and the shave. Great price as well.

Those old Schick injectors don't get the love they deserve. They're bad-*** looking razors and provide fine shaves.

Congratulations on picking up a great shaver.

Thank you both. I'm quite happy with it. 2 more shaves in and it's easy to use, smooth and efficient.
I love stuff that's 80 years old and just works. Quality design and craftsmanship.
And if you look hard enough you can get them at a great price.

I just bought a boxed/cased E3 for a song and am curious to try it later this week. I have an E2, but I am thinking after reading this thread that the E3 shaves just like a G1(?), which I have an example of as well. I shall see.

Here's what I take to be a Canadian E3, but I paid more than @wgn!

It seems a bit rough though, compared to my Frankenjector G, or the K1 Lady Eversharp.
That's not rough. You should look so good when you're that old.:001_smile

Top Bottom