What's new

Schick E2 USA with Canadian case?

I just picked this set up on that auction site for a grand total of $7.95. Both the razor and case are in excellent condition. The black bakelite case is marked as being made in Canada but the E2 razor is made in USA. Would it have been originally sold like this or is this a 'made up' set? It really doesn't matter to me as I bought the razor to use but I'd like to go on the hunt for the correct razor for the case if indeed it's a 'made up' set.
DSC_0046.JPG
DSC_0047.JPG
DSC_0048 (2).JPG

I just picked this set up on that auction site for a grand total of $7.95. Both the razor and case are in excellent condition. The black bakelite case is marked as being made in Canada but the E2 razor is made in USA. Would it have been originally sold like this or is this a 'made up' set? It really doesn't matter to me as I bought the razor to use but I'd like to go on the hunt for the correct razor for the case if indeed it's a 'made up' set.
View attachment 923305 View attachment 923306 View attachment 923307

Only a few months under my belt so my knowledge of razors is inexperienced but indications point to them being a mismatch. I've seen sales where the seller stick the wrong razor into any available case. Just stay diligent and do plenty of research. Still, that's a very nice looking E2 and box and at that price, I think you did well. Enjoy it!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Is it an open-to-clean E-2? Not that it makes a lot of difference, just curious. You got a very good deal!

E-2.PatentNumber.640.4-18.JPG

I love my E-2 - you can see why here - but I understand they vary a good bit.

In the picture above you might be able to see how the spring has a tab on its right, but not on its left; that allows the spring to rotate to the left so the razor can be opened for cleaning (and to insert weird blades if you're so inclined).

I just use the Schick Chick and find it a great blade.

Captain of the Design (meme).jpg

I also use the razor with a light touch and a steep or design (neutral) angle.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yes, it's an E2. I love my injectors, recently building quite a stable. I use them 80\20 versus my DEs. I also use the chick blades. I even shave my head with a J1.

Thanks for the replies!

Top Bottom