What's new

Schick E and Schick G on the Way-Which Blades and Where to Get Them?

I have just purchased a Schick E and also a Schick G.

Which blades should I get for them and where can I find them?

It seems as if you have to order the modern Schick blades made in China in order to obtain an injector key, which is needed. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance, Gents, for any all help and suggestions!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
You are correct -- the modern Schick blades are made in China (yellow packaging) and fairly easily acquired in the US. Given your name @Edinburgh, I'm going to guess that you're not in the US. I just checked the UK versions of Amazon & Ebay -- Ebay had them for 12 GBP (shipped for free from US) -- that feels really pricey for 7 blades (given what we pay for them in the US), so you may want to see if there is a retailer in your neck of the woods. Personna also makes injector blades, and perhaps they would be easier to find for you.

EDIT: Just checked Connaught Shaving -- they have Personna injector blades, these are 6 GBP (excluding 5 GBP for VAT); but that's for a cartridge with 20 blades, which is better than the 7 blades in the Schicks mentioned above. Also, if you're up for buying in volume, you can even do better price-wise at Connaught. The Personna blades aren't my favorite, but there are shavers that like them better than the Schicks, and others who can't tell the difference between them and the Schicks. The one thing that is different is the quality of the injector itself -- the Schick is metal and easier to work (IMO); but the Personna case is definitely workable. You can find some threads which discuss those differences.

VERY IMPORTANT: the greenish blueish Schick's from Japan (the B-20) are injector blades, but while the packaging looks similar, the dispenser does not have a key and you cannot "inject" them into an injector. They are nice blades, but I would steer clear from them until you learn about injector dispensers and keys. There are also more threads discussing that as well. I would strongly recommend either the Schicks in the yellow package (if you can get them at a reasonable cost) or the Personna's.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the Personna blades are terrible, IMHO. Use only the Chinese Schicks. Per shave cost comes way down if you shave 10-15 times per blade, which is totally doable. Costs much less than cartridges

Top Bottom