What's new

Schick D

Schick Model D, circa 1935. The first injector razor. Yes I'm a happy camper! :001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

View attachment 396874 $P1080712.jpg

A Schick Type D and Personna 74 blades--a match made in heaven. I have heard that they're a very aggressive razor, maybe even more aggressive than an E, but I have no personal knowledge. Let us know how it goes.

HI all and thank you. 1st shave yesterday.1&1/2 days with no shave Then this . Yes it is more aggressive than an E. I could have stopped at 1 pass, it was that good. Did a 4 pass and even the under nose result was great. This is definitely a no pressure razor. Weight wise-31 gms with blade (32 for an E) same feel. Handle fits fingers nicely. Steeper angle than an E. I also enjoyed the audio feedback and for ease of cleaning, couldn't be easier. Looks like this will share with the E its' roll as my everyday razor. I would liken the bbs results to how I felt after using a Joris or the 37c and with no irritation or weeps. If I were producing a modern day injector today , this would be it. Of course the 74's too!. Enjoy your weekend!

I have a D as well. Don't use it though it's just in the collection. Congrats though they are unique razors that's for sure.

After 4 passes, I'd like to know when you'll have enough growth for your next shave, and how often you normally shave? Daily, every other day?

Sounds like the earlier Schick Razors needed an angle very similar to Straight Shaving, which I need with the B Injector.

I'm really curious. Where do the Bs and Cs fit in with the Ds and Es in the aggressiveness/effectiveness spectrum? I have a B and a C, but no D.

Hi Steve,
As compared to my C_3, it's easier to maintain angle and I think it handles better than the C. Shave wise I get a much better shave with a lighter touch Depending on blade used. Both give really good shaves but the D edges the C out on my face.

Hi Steve,
As compared to my C_3, it's easier to maintain angle and I think it handles better than the C. Shave wise I get a much better shave with a lighter touch Depending on blade used. Both give really good shaves but the D edges the C out on my face.
I shave every day , coarse beard. and yes more so than any other this is like using a straight from it's angle to the song it sings. Feedback is great! Like the C , once you hit that angle it's off to the races although I take it slow but can Shave like a speed demon. And of course , it's so easy to clean

No C or D here but my B to E experience is similar to Coolbus18, The E is easier overall due to the almost Vertical (up-down) Angle required by the B, which makes the B unforgiving on any little mistake.

I like the D, but it's a little hard to hold due to the diamond-shaped handle. That's probably why it was in production only one year.

After 4 passes, I'd like to know when you'll have enough growth for your next shave, and how often you normally shave? Daily, every other day?

Sounds like the earlier Schick Razors needed an angle very similar to Straight Shaving, which I need with the B Injector.
Man I have been shaving since I was 11 years old. And my German, East European Hebraic background has given rise to a tough beard. I also prefer to shave almost everyday. It's great for my crappy psoriatic skin. Also I really like the ritual and focus and blessed moments it brings to my day. And after spending this much moola on all of this stuff, I just gotta use it. On the slightly macabre side, if I were to die , I'd like to know that someone might note, "Hey the stiff had a great shave!":thumbup1:

^ Shaving since you were 11? Wow, Alan, I'm impressed.

BTW, your beard (and fingernails) keep growing for a while after you're dead, so you might have a little 5 o'clock shadow.

Top Bottom