What's new

Schick C3 dissasembly (Pic heavy!

Thanks to another post started by Galhatz I've been prompted to get my finger out and post this as I'd been meaning to for weeks. I hope it will be of use to someone.

Firstly this is fairly easy with basic tools much more so than an adjustable DE. Be careful just in case there is a blade still left in (maybe jammed somewhere out of sight) :cursing:.

Eject all the blades and remove the last from the head.
Open blade compartment and remove carrier.
$SchickC30002.jpg

Remove two cover screws.
$SchickC30003.jpg

Remove large screw and head.
$SchickC30004.jpg

Gently bend aside the cover ends.
$SchickC30005.jpg

Slide down the cover (Can be very tight!)
$SchickC30006.jpg

Continued in next post........

All the way off. Note the position of the (what I call) anti jam lever, it stops another blade being collected by the slide until the first is fully out.
$SchickC30007.jpg

Lift off the lever top cover and slide.
$SchickC30008.jpg

Turn over. Note the position of the spring for re-assembly. Release the spring from its recess in the blade carrier, turning sideways will allow it to be removed completely.
$SchickC30009.jpg

Slide out the blade carrier.
Any further disassembly I would think is unnecessary.
$SchickC30010.jpg

There is a small lever in the handle end that prevents both slides opening at once.
Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of that :blushing:.
Update:-
I just noticed it can be seen at the right hand end far side of the second pic. It has rounded protrusions that fit into indents in the slides.

Last edited:
Thank you Steve! Now, as soon as I find my little screwdrivers, I will get right on it. I love all the Magazines, but the C1 is my favorite. it is the only open comb!

Many thanks! I got to try this soon.
Q: after disassembly/reassembly, were you able to load it with some fresh new blades?

Many thanks! I got to try this soon.
Q: after disassembly/reassembly, were you able to load it with some fresh new blades?

Just stack them in the carrier thing then slide it in, the spring pops up from underneath as you close the slide.
On mine the spring is a bit weak so it needs the first operation of the blade slide to level them up, then the next time loads a blade. I can't shave with it at the minute because it doesn't grip the blade in the head.:sad:

All the way off. Note the position of the (what I call) anti jam lever, it stops another blade being collected by the slide until the first is fully out.
View attachment 322117

Lift off the lever top cover and slide.
View attachment 322118

Turn over. Note the position of the spring for re-assembly. Release the spring from its recess in the blade carrier, turning sideways will allow it to be removed completely.
View attachment 322119

Slide out the blade carrier.
Any further disassembly I would think is unnecessary.
View attachment 322120

There is a small lever in the handle end that prevents both slides opening at once.
Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of that :blushing:.
Update:-
I just noticed it can be seen at the right hand end far side of the second pic. It has rounded protrusions that fit into indents in the slides.

Hi, just a quick question.

I also have the type C as pictured above. After cleaning, I discovered that the black spring part (see last photo, just below the single edge razor blades) is missing.

Can this be remade of maybe bought somewhere?

i love these razors and i hope i never see mine apart like that. these are really quite complicated little machines. it is amazing the amount of work it must have taken to make these.

Top Bottom