What's new

Schick Adjustable Injector

Hi all

Yesterday I tried my schick adjustable injector for the first time .

I really like the feel and weight/balance of this watch.

To keep a good comparison to my model L and N shaves I used the same prep and soap.

Proraso white pre shave
Barrister & Mann Seville soap
Stirlinv boar brush
Fresh Chinese schick blade

I used setting number 2 .

The shave was easy smooth and irritation free just like the model L and N injectors .

I did feel that on setting 2 it was milder than my L and N . Someone can correct me if that is not scientifically true. The next shave will be on setting 3 .

I’m definitely enjoying my injector razors and highly recommend people pick up some of these as they are fairly cheap .

I will be using this razor a few times increasing the aggression level each time to find the right setting for me .

Generally I like mild razors since normally I’m in a hurry when I shave in the morning and milder razors work better for me when in a hurry. Since I’m working from home I’m not hurried any more but still prefer milder razors .

Thanks

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Hi all

To keep a good comparison to my model L and N shaves I used the same prep and soap.

Proraso white pre shave
Stirlinv boar brush

The shave was easy smooth and irritation free just like the model L and N injectors .

I did feel that on setting 2 it was milder than my L and N . Someone can correct me if that is not scientifically true. The next shave will be on setting 3 .

I’m definitely enjoying my injector razors and highly recommend people pick up some of these as they are fairly cheap .

I will be using this razor a few times increasing the aggression level each time to find the right setting for me .

Generally I like mild razors since normally I’m in a hurry when I shave in the morning and milder razors work better for me when in a hurry. Since I’m working from home I’m not hurried any more but still prefer milder razors .

Thanks

proxy.php

Congrats on the Schick Adjustable Injector -- I have that same model and it's a favorite in my den. I don't know that it's scientific, but your assessment of a 2 being around an "L" or "N" is probably about right. I tend towards a 4 for when I'd like a mild shave but also want some increased efficiency. I think your approach of shaving with the different adjustments is probably the best way to find out what feels "mild" and what feels "wild" to your face.

At one time or another, I've bought four different injector razors, ranging from a Persona (looks like something from Star-Trek, and various Schick models ranging from G to the M Adjustable. The one I kept was the Adjustable. Great shaver, close, smooth, and comfortable. I typically use mine on 5-6, currently with a Schick Twin blade, which yields an impeccable shave. Even at 8, she remains comfortable, and simply becomes more likely to create small weepers, or tiny nicks, when trying to shave too quickly ATG, so I leave it around 5-6.

Let’s just say that I have not got my M2 ‘Adjustable by Schick’ dialed in yet...

When I do it is likely to be set at 4 or below. G and E are my sweet spot right now. The L is in my minimalist travel kit.

Yesterday I ran my M1 on seven and really had a nice close shave. But there was just a bit of irritation that onset later. I might do better on 6.5. I guess if you were to have just one Schick an adjustable would be the way to go. But is it really possible to have just one?

Thanks for the replies everyone .

Can anyone tell me if mine is an M2 or M3? It says schick adjustable on the handle .
Thanks

Probably more than you want to know about these here.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice razor. I have a couple of Schick Injectors but I struggle using them. Technique is my issue. I keep defaulting to the DE angle and finish up scraping my face. I just cannot keep the angle correct. The few times that I have been able to maintain the correct angle the shave was very good. The more that I think about the angle the more I get it wrong.

Nice razor. I have a couple of Schick Injectors but I struggle using them. Technique is my issue. I keep defaulting to the DE angle and finish up scraping my face. I just cannot keep the angle correct. The few times that I have been able to maintain the correct angle the shave was very good. The more that I think about the angle the more I get it wrong.
All you have to remember is to keep the top of the cap FLAT against the face. Focus. No deviation, not even by one degree. You can do it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Hi all

Proraso white pre shave
Stirlinv boar brush

Thanks

proxy.php

Some fellows say to open up any adjustable wide open(bad advice for my Schick M3) I had it running up there and it was to much for myself to enjoy. I like 3 to 5 settings range and crank out some great shaves. With a Twin Blade ll you could crank it up more than likely but there is no need. I have a Twin blade ll in my Stick Schick L type and it is nice and smooth with excellent results. Some fellows like aggression period & that is OK for them not so much for me.

Some fellows say to open up any adjustable wide open(bad advice for my Schick M3) I had it running up there and it was to much for myself to enjoy. I like 3 to 5 settings range and crank out some great shaves.

Amen! :LMS

But the devil makes me dial it up for another try...:devil2:

Shaved with a 3 setting today. I liked it better than the 2 setting. Seems closer to an L1 or N injector . Will try 4 setting next shave.

Top Bottom