What's new

Schick Adjustable Injector shavers

I Am interested buying a Schick adustable shaver,
can Anyone recomend this over my first & current DE shaver which is a merkel future clone on the most aggresive setting which i like but requieres múltiple passes to get a smooth shave i like the Astra blades.
i have a Gillette fusion shaver which has been the mainstay of my shaving for many years. which i still use from time to time especially when i need a quick smooth shave.
How many shaves can one expect from an injector blade & can you use the schick twin injector blades in the Schick adustable shaver
what performance do the twin blades give & how many shaves can one expect.
Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions on injector shaver old and new

can Anyone recomend this over my first & current DE shaver which is a merkel future clone on the most aggresive setting which i like but requieres múltiple passes to get a smooth shave i like the Astra blades.
i have a Gillette fusion shaver which has been the mainstay of my shaving for many years. which i still use from time to time especially when i need a quick smooth shave.
How many shaves can one expect from an injector blade & can you use the schick twin injector blades in the Schick adustable shaver
Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions on injector shaver old and new

Brother John,

I can't recommend a Merkur Futur over an adjustable Schick Injector, or vice versa. They both are excellent. It comes down to individual preferences. It typically takes 3 multiple passes to get a smooth and close shave, no matter what razor one uses, unless one has "adolescent peach fuzz" for whiskers.

I don't recommend shaving with any adjustable razor "wide open." That defeats the purpose of an adjustable razor, which is to tailor the razor to one's face. I have tough whiskers, and I find moderate settings on most adjustable razors, DE or Injector, to be my standard for a close and comfortable shave. The Merkur Futur is an exception. It's highly aggressive, and curiously I find a low 1.5 setting is ideal for me.

If you want to shave with adjustable razors at only their highest settings, why not just buy a Muhle R41, or a Type E Schick Injector from the 1930's, or a similar hyper-aggressive razor and be done with it? You don't need an adjustable razor.

I easily get 10 to 14 quality shaves with an injector blade, regular or twin. They are more durable that a typical DE blade. Yes, you can use a twin injector blade in a Schick Injector adjustable, but why? It seems redundant and expensive. Twin blades were designed for the later and milder injector razors such as the Schick Injector Type L and so forth.

It sounds like you belong to the highly aggressive razor club. Unless you have an outrageously tough beard, respectfully you might want to reconsider that. As is in so many things in life, more is not always more.

Many shavers will agree with my thoughts, and some shavers will disagree with them. YMMV

Good advice above about the Schick Type E. It's a fantastically efficient razor without being ridiculously aggressive. It can bite, but only if you get very cavalier with it. Paired with a Schick Proline P30 blade it's very hard to beat. I'd say 12 shaves is the very fewest I would expect to get from one blade.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The Schick injector adjustable is a solid razor and they come in Models or M1,M2,M3 and there are not a whole lot of differences other than some M2 models had a feature on it to protect the blade while traveling. Tough beards can be dealt with a little more easier with a adjustable and you can decide what setting is the better for yourself.
I bought a M3 and enjoy it and the blade gap on the larger setting is very large. As for blades I recommend Personna injectors for economics and are sharp and last on my beard approx 10 shaves. The SChick blades with the yellow packaging are smooth and sharp and are a lot more $ for approx the same amount as the Personna blades. NOS blades are out there but can be pricier IMO. Twin blades can be bought from Japan and they are good ones for daily shaving and will last.... I'm on shave 25 and the blade still is working well and gives me a DFS, BBS range from new to present. As for 3 days or longer growth I'm not sure how a Twin II blade would handle. There is a link on this site were the fellows use a Twin II blade with a Schick adjustable injector with gap to max and receive excellent shaves.
Personna blades I buy a Connaught shaving Uk and SChick blades Amazon & Twin blade _bay.
Personna injector blades 2.png Personna injector blades s-l225 (2).jpg SChick blades

Twin blades (2).jpg Twin II blades Still available new on _bay
Have some great shaves!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would try eBay or Etsy. You might find one there. Once you have been a member here for a while and meet the requirements you might be able to advertise in the BST forum. If you have look in the BST forum there is a thread with all the rules and regulations of the BST.

Brother John,

I can't recommend a Merkur Futur over an adjustable Schick Injector, or vice versa. They both are excellent. It comes down to individual preferences. It typically takes 3 multiple passes to get a smooth and close shave, no matter what razor one uses, unless one has "adolescent peach fuzz" for whiskers.

I don't recommend shaving with any adjustable razor "wide open." That defeats the purpose of an adjustable razor, which is to tailor the razor to one's face. I have tough whiskers, and I find moderate settings on most adjustable razors, DE or Injector, to be my standard for a close and comfortable shave. The Merkur Futur is an exception. It's highly aggressive, and curiously I find a low 1.5 setting is ideal for me.

If you want to shave with adjustable razors at only their highest settings, why not just buy a Muhle R41, or a Type E Schick Injector from the 1930's, or a similar hyper-aggressive razor and be done with it? You don't need an adjustable razor.

I easily get 10 to 14 quality shaves with an injector blade, regular or twin. They are more durable that a typical DE blade. Yes, you can use a twin injector blade in a Schick Injector adjustable, but why? It seems redundant and expensive. Twin blades were designed for the later and milder injector razors such as the Schick Injector Type L and so forth.

It sounds like you belong to the highly aggressive razor club. Unless you have an outrageously tough beard, respectfully you might want to reconsider that. As is in so many things in life, more is not always more.

Many shavers will agree with my thoughts, and some shavers will disagree with them. YMMV

Thank you for your input.
I did use the lower setting on the futur as this was my first DE shaver & cut myself on a few occasions at first.
some blades are better than others and am very happy using the astra blades sharpest of all the ones I have tried & I get at least 5 good shaves out of it still waiting to try the feather though
You only need to apply a very light pressure no more nicks n.
Brother John,

Some claim 25 or more. I personally don't keep track. The Chinese Schick blades are good and I can get them at my local Long's drugstore. These are great razors no matter what vintage you choose. I own types D through N (except the elusive F) they all give me great shaves. I am a three pass shaver, by the way.

Thank you for your input.
I did use the lower setting on the futur at first as this was my first DE shaver & i cut myself on a few occasions at first while honing my technique and testing different blades. You only need to apply a very light pressure using the futur & nicks are few and far between.
Some blades are better than others and i am very happy using the astra blades, sharpest of all the ones I have tried & on the aggressive setting I can squeeze 10 shaves out of it.
I am still waiting to try the feather blades though.
Thanks again for your advice

The Schick injector adjustable is a solid razor and they come in Models or M1,M2,M3 and there are not a whole lot of differences other than some M2 models had a feature on it to protect the blade while traveling. Tough beards can be dealt with a little more easier with a adjustable and you can decide what setting is the better for yourself.
I bought a M3 and enjoy it and the blade gap on the larger setting is very large. As for blades I recommend Personna injectors for economics and are sharp and last on my beard approx 10 shaves. The SChick blades with the yellow packaging are smooth and sharp and are a lot more $ for approx the same amount as the Personna blades. NOS blades are out there but can be pricier IMO. Twin blades can be bought from Japan and they are good ones for daily shaving and will last.... I'm on shave 25 and the blade still is working well and gives me a DFS, BBS range from new to present. As for 3 days or longer growth I'm not sure how a Twin II blade would handle. There is a link on this site were the fellows use a Twin II blade with a Schick adjustable injector with gap to max and receive excellent shaves.
Personna blades I buy a Connaught shaving Uk and SChick blades Amazon & Twin blade _bay.
View attachment 1036158 Personna injector blades View attachment 1036157 SChick blades

View attachment 1036159 Twin II blades Still available new on _bay
Have some great shaves!

The Merkur Futur is one of the more aggressive adjustable DE razors IMO. If you’re having trouble getting a close shave with the Futur clone a (I think the word you’re looking for is close shave, because you mention needing to do multiple passes; a smooth shave simply implies that the razor/blade feels easy on the skin, to me anyway), likely there is still some shaving technique that needs to be adjusted, or maybe it’s simply not the right razor for you.

Just about any razor should get you a close shave in 2-3 passes, at least DFS if not BBS.

The Schick Adjustable is a fantastic razor, it shaves as easily as a cartridge razor but feels many times better on the skin; it’s almost like cheating, it’s so easy and smooth feeling! However it is also a very mild shaver, even on the highest settings. That means, that though it is fairly efficient, it is more likely to take multiple passes to have a closer shave. You have to learn the best shave angle for it to really get the most out of it.

That said, as one who likes mild razors and demands close shaves (BBS or close to it) from my daily morning routine, the Schick Adjustable is one of my favorites!

Just remember many of us get the best results with riding the cap, i.e., keeping the handle high so the blade is at a shallow angle to the face.

The one exception that comes to mind is the Ever-Ready 1924 SE razor. Ever-Ready recommends a steep angle for that particular razor.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom