What's new

Schick Adjustable ‘fell apart’. Wasssup??

R

romsitsa

Photos please, I don’t understand what happened. And congrats.

Adam

Photos please, I don’t understand what happened. And congrats.

Adam

Thanks on the congrats! I actually stared at this for awhile before deciding on a plan.

I didn’t take a photo of the technique, but the following photo gave me the idea of replacing the dental tool you see lifting up the guard piece, with the bent paper clip slipped underneath, similarly positioned to the dental tool, but snugly as far as I could square at the bottom. That lifted it up and supported it enough to allow me to push the spring down and bend it. Yeah?

3D985238-EAA0-456F-9F05-4828E3EF7A08.jpeg

9290BE67-4C44-448E-A3F2-473BE5870E77.jpeg

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I have to thank you for thoughts. Your focus was spot on and encouraging. The patent describes the setup:

A CAM WHICH IS CONNECTED WITH THE FINGER PIECE FOR ROTATION WITH THE LATTER, A CAM FOLLOWER ON THE LOWER END OF THE GUARD MEMBER IN ENGAGEMENT WITH THE CAM, AND A SPRING IN ENGAGEMENT WITH THE GUARD MEMBER, WHICH SPRING PRESSES THE GUARD MEMBER AGAINST THE SEAT MEMBER, ACTS THROUGH THE GUARD MEMBER TO PRESS

The spring simply presses the guard to the head - that seemed the only answer. It still seemed too simple.

Rather than disassemble the handle I fashioned an L from a paper clip and was able to insert it behind the spring, creating a fulcrum to bend against. Worked well. Then a bit of #&$!!@ gentle fettling and........

View attachment 1111942

It was quite a treat to have that shave just now. And since I now have a once used Schick Adjustable hanging around, I may as well toss it in the rotation for a few days and get a better impression of its shaveability. Thanks everybody. Walking through this with some interested folks got it done!

Some life lessons just take longer to unfold I guess. 😀

View attachment 1111943
Well done, sir!!! Congratulations!!!

Top Bottom