What's new

Schick 500 Injector Razor

Hey everyone,

I recently acquired a Schick 500 injector razor and I wanted to know how it compares with the rest of the Schick injector line (like aggressiveness, etc). That would be helpful if I acquire other Schick injectors.

I was told my razor was made somewhere between 1964 - 1969.

Thanks!

Schick500WithCase.jpg
Schick500Front.jpg
Schick500Back.jpg

Last edited:
These questions are always hard for me, since for me, the differences are small. The J and I types are basically the same head with different handles. The E and G types are a bit more agressive. Injectors later than your 500 tend to be a bit milder, excepting the adjustables since they can be more efficient at the higher settings.

I hope that helps. They all shave well for me.

All the injectors within their "Type" shave the same. I think your injector is a Type J or a Type L. They are mild shavers. If it's too mild for you, just do a 4th pass, instead of the customary 3 passes. The 4th pass just takes 2 minutes extra.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have the same razor and find it a good shave & I like the Hydro -magic in my injectors other fellows don't use it that much. I find the handle really long(Total length of razor is 5 3/8 inches) and after some thought when I first received mine it is a uni-sex razor for the girls to also shave their legs is my conclusion because most guys don't need a handle that long IMO unless your Paul Bunyan with huge hands.
It shaves OK IMO like mentioned already is accurate by some fellows on this thread.
(This (mine) Schick injector 500 has a weak wash of gold and one fellow tried to say it was not gold in color when I first got it :lol: compared to the earlier 500 models with the nicer razor case had a better gold color coatings IMO.)
(Some old archive photo's )
Schick Golden 500 Hydro-magic  Handle 5 3.75 inches MFG 1957-64.jpg
SOTD, Nov 28, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

The L type is possibly a good place to start if you want vintage. If you want new then the parker is also a good place to start and hone your angles etc.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I’m in the market for an Injector razor. How do the G, I, J, L, M, and N compare in aggressiveness?

My experience with the various Schicks (I've been using them off & on since the Age of Aquarius) is that they got progressively milder over time. My favorite is probably the Type M used wide open though I think that equates to an E or F. Those past Type F otherwise don't get much traction here ..

Top Bottom