What's new

Scents that remind you of your first steps in the hobby

Mickey Lee Soapworks The Kraken is my gateway scent. It will always take me back to my first times shaving :badger:

TOBS Sandalwood, was the first cream I used with a brush, but it's scent also takes me back to the barbershop that my dad took me to when I was a kid

Aqua Velva Ice Blue. I bought a small bottle for my dad when I was about 8-10 years old, and I remember often stopping by just to take a whiff - even before I started shaving.

I did not know it then, but this obviously was the seed from which my DE craze would ignite about 40+ years later :)

TOBS Sandalwood, was the first cream I used with a brush
That's pretty much the same for me, when I bought my first shave kit I got a puck of MWF but I could not get it to lather well with the water I have in my area. After two weeks of trying all the tip and tricks I found online for lathering MWF I gave up and tried the free sample of TOBs sandal wood that the vendor included in my pack. It worked great and smelled great so I bought a tub and didn't look back. Unfortunately I developed a sensitivity to the cream and can't use it any more but the cologne is still in my rotation.

A Barber Shop smell. Williams and Bay Rum Aroma, Back in the day Williams smelled similar to Arko but not as strong, even less these days. Later on I liked Old Spice shave soap and After Shave

Would have to be Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic, Razorock Don Marco, TOBS sandalwood, and Proraso green.

I started shaving in 1971 at the Air Force Academy. Most everyone went through the 3 s's at the same time. The smell I recall the most is the Right Guard fog. Disgusting stuff. It did make a passable flame thrower though.

Williams Mug Soap - the soap my dad taught me how to shave with many years ago.
Still use Williams but now with a dab of Cremo on the puck. It's a little different than what I remembered but that same fresh sent - brings me back each morning!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom