What's new

Scents that "grow on you"

When I first bought Sharp Dressed Man, I thought it was just ok. The more I used it the more I enjoyed it. It's probably my favorite scent now.
Same for me with Stirling executive man, wasnt sure if I like it or not at first and more I use it the more I like it. Especially the matching balm ( smells the same but more subtle )

Cella, the first few times smelled like just straight almonds (not my favorite smell but not a huge fan either), but it lathered nicely.

After a month went back to it and Dr. Pepper was the smell I got from it and now look forward to using it.

Clubman Special Reserve. The leather and tobacco were just too much for me at first. Then I applied it, waited a few minutes and rinsed my face. Now I just splash it on. I wonder if I would like Tabac - have still not smelled it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely B&M Lavanille. At first I didn't hate it, but I thought it was really weird and I didn't like it. After the first 2-3 shaves I was a bit more positive. After a while I started to really like it.
+1 to this. Rhapsody was actually the same way for me too, these are the first two that came to mind.

Clubman Special Reserve. The leather and tobacco were just too much for me at first. Then I applied it, waited a few minutes and rinsed my face. Now I just splash it on. I wonder if I would like Tabac - have still not smelled it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Funny story. I had a tiny sample bottle of Special Reserve in my desk at work. It had a tiny measure of liquid left in it. I opened the drawer it resides in and spied it the other day. In the next second my eye dropped to a small container of hand sanitizer on my desk. Synapses fired and I now have a bottle of Special Reserve scented hand sanitizer.

And to your point SR had to grow on me as well. It is a very potent scent.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Stirling Barbershop. Opened a jar in the store and remember saying to myself, out loud, "Yuck, that's awful. Can't believe anyone would pay money for that."

Revisited the scent quite some time later... and now, it's gotta be in my top 3 favorite scents ever.

Now I've got EDT, aftershave splash & balm, body lotion, shave soap, and bath soap, all in Stirling Barbershop.
Funny how that works out ain't it?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Funny story. I had a tiny sample bottle of Special Reserve in my desk at work. It had a tiny measure of liquid left in it. I opened the drawer it resides in and spied it the other day. In the next second my eye dropped to a small container of hand sanitizer on my desk. Synapses fired and I now have a bottle of Special Reserve scented hand sanitizer.

And to your point SR had to grow on me as well. It is a very potent scent.
You are a genius.

I recently tried this with a old bottle of Avon Leather. Not bad!

B&M's Sunny Day. Slowly growing. Very slowly. The speed of moss growing, slowly. With a similar scent (as moss), though not as nice. Not nearly.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Black Ship Grooming Captain Scurvy. When I first got it I thought it was okay. Over time, I've come to really like it. Sandalwood and Vanilla with just a touch of lime.

PannaCrema San Francesco. It was on sale, took a flyer on it and was all "meh" about it. Almost tossed it...wasnt' even keen on using it as a bath soap. Thought it was too sweet smelling. But it's grown on me and it's going to be in the winter/cool day tallow part of the rotation.

Stirling Coniferous. At first is smelled to me like a wet, burnt log from the fire covered in sopping wet, rotting pine needles. That picture actually came into my mind when I first smelled it. Now, it's my favorite piney scent. Go figure.

A few weeks ago I tried teh Stirling Iced Pineapple soap and aftershave splash. I loved the menthol from the get go, but the scent was too sweet for me. It has grown on me over the past few weeks

Top Bottom