What's new

Scentless shave cream

Gentlemen,

My brother-in-law is looking for a good quality shave cream with no scent at all. As I am a soap man, and like different scents in those soaps, I really couldn't help him. He has very sensitive skin. I believe he was using a product from Bath and Body Works that he really liked but they have stopped producing it. He said his brush washed out clean and he got a great shave from it. (Although, how he gets a great shave using a Gillette Power Fusion I'll never know. :nonod:) Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

Well...

The Shave Den sensitive cream is nice...i love it
TOBS makes a scentless sensitive cream and so does T&H and Trumpers

TOBS Avocado is basically scentless and feels great for a shave

I recently used a sample of Art of Shaving Unscented, and Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort (unscented) and I found both of them to be very good, quality creams. The only reason I wouldn't purchase them right now is that I tend to enjoy the different scents I get with my other creams and soaps. Other than that, both the AoS and T&H unscented creams were fantastic, and if I ever need an unscented cream, either of those would be my pick.

I would reccommend SCS I have used a couple of their creams, and the cream base formula is wonderful. They have it for purchase on their site, and it is a great performer. Look at the link in my sig, you will find the reviews of their creams there.

I think The Gentlemen's Refinery (TGR) is a great unscented cream. It's made from ingredients that are all either certified organic or all-natural, with no artificial fragrances or preservatives (only food-grade preservatives are used). It's incredibly easy on the skin, and can be used effectively brushless or with a badger hair shaving brush.

Give it a look as well. Their "Standard" scent is my favorite cream, and I also have sensitive skin. The "Unscented" works just as well, but no essential oils are added for fragrance.

Em's Place - they have a very nice unscented shave cream, comes in a very liquid form, quite easy to use lathers quite well and is a very good shave. It truly is scentless as neither my wife or I can smell anything.

To all of you who replied (and will reply) to my query, thank you. By looking at the various products mentioned, my brother-in-law will get some new leads and, unexpectedly, I'm about to give creams a second go. I did not like them the first couple of times I tried them but I am curious to see if my technique for making a decent lather has improved over the months. (I just hope it doesn't lead to another AD as in RAD, SSAD, and RBAD. :scared:)

Crabtree & Evelyn's Natural Solutions For Men line is superb ... I get great shaves from it every time, and there is no scent whatsoever. They have a matching exfoliating face wash and ASB cream as well.

The texture is a little strange compared to most of the products we use here ... the face wash is slightly rough (as an exfoliant should be,) don't expect a lot of lather from the cream, and the ASB feels rather thick and sticky going on, but it feels great once it dries.

These peculiarities don't detract at all from its shave-worthiness ... they are just listed here so you can be aware that these items are a bit different from most supplies you may have tried.

It is slightly on the expensive side, so wait for one of C&E's (frequent) 20% off sale .. and sometimes you can find this line featured at 50% off.

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

My brother-in-law is looking for a good quality shave cream with no scent at all. As I am a soap man, and like different scents in those soaps, I really couldn't help him. He has very sensitive skin. I believe he was using a product from Bath and Body Works that he really liked but they have stopped producing it. He said his brush washed out clean and he got a great shave from it. (Although, how he gets a great shave using a Gillette Power Fusion I'll never know. :nonod:) Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

I to have tried the Art of shaving scentless. It works fine the only thing i found it still had a scent which smelled like what i dont know but it was not so great. However i got fine shaves with it.

KMF (kiss my face) unscented. Does a good job, can be used w/ or w/o brush, and is inexpensive.

I concur with the KMF unscented.

BTW, 'unscented' does not necessarily mean 'odorless', though I find the KMF without odor. Good recommendations above, though some may have a llittle bit of odor.

-- John Gehman

I concur with the KMF unscented.

BTW, 'unscented' does not necessarily mean 'odorless', though I find the KMF without odor. Good recommendations above, though some may have a llittle bit of odor.

-- John Gehman

Good point on "unscented" vs. "scentless." Some companies use the first term to mean "nothing added just for the sake of causing scent" and those products may or may not have an aroma. Whereas, "scentless" always means no aroma period. Generally, I'd take "odorless" to mean "no offensive or chemical odor" which may or may not mean there's an aroma / pleasant scent.

It's brushless, though I remember seeing a thread where someone managed, with some effort, to make some lather with a brush.

But the TJ version isn't scentless. It smells sweet and fruity, like mango.

There is also an unscented version.

Top Bottom