What's new

Scent that brings back memory’s

My Dad only wore one aftershave/cologne and it was only for special occasions. I will have to pick up some
Old Spice when I get back to the USA this summer. Question: Has the scent/ formula changed since the
sixties/seventies? Do I need to search for vintage?

Brut reminds me of my high school locker room.

Old Spice reminds me of my pops.

Williams smells like Ivory Soap to me and reminds me of the bathroom at my grandmas house.

Clubman reminds me of the talc from the barber shop when I was a kid. My current barber uses Stephan Bay Rum after the neck shave.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue was my maternal grandfather's every day after shave.

Old Spice was my paternal grandfather's every day after shave.

My dad used Skin Bracer after every shave.

The American classics are my only memorable shaving scents. I use them all today and each and every time, they bring back wonderful memories.

Aqua Velva Ice Sport reminds me of the 90's dating the future wife and the requisite trips to the local pizza place or Dairy Queen.

Neutrogena soap reminds me of my father's father. I guess that's he used.

Dial soap reminds me of my mother's father. He was a wet shaver and used regular Dial, a wooden handled boar brush, and some sort of Tech. He had a bottle of English Leather, but I don't recall him actually using it.

Arko and Williams reminds me of the bathrooms at the jr college where I got my core classes. Williams more so

Myrsol Plastic is a time machine, taking me through a wormhole across the continent and depositing me in 1965 western Massachusetts. I'll watch Ed Sullivan but I draw the line at Lawrence Welk. Tomorrow morning I plan to hike down to the pond to play ice-derby with Peter, John and Curt.

A whiff of Barbasol brushless cream brings me the deserts of Saudi Arabia and Iraq, 1990-1991, back to my glory days. We had boxes of miscellaneous sundries delivered to us, and I picked a tube from the box. I remember shaving with the bottom of a water bottle, cold water and some sort of disposable razor, using the side mirror of a Hum-V.
I still have a tube in my box of soaps and occasionally take a whiff to send me down memory lane.

Old Spice reminds me of my grandfather. We did some campground camping in the summers and Old Spice filled the camper every morning.

Aqua Velva reminds me of my dad. It was his everyday aftershave. He always smelled good at the breakfast table.

Tabac reminds me of my grandmother's face powder she used....lol.

Old Spice for sure for me. Many of the men I looked up to as a kid wore old spice and so the scent of it brings back many happy memories of some great people that are no longer with us.

Same here. Clubman talc always went on the neck before the barber took off the collar.

think Great Clips uses that here with a synthetic brush......

but it's been a year or two since I've been there. clipper work for me and the son at home. he doesn't like haircut places....

I've actually use a cheap badger and same powder when I finish cutting his hair.

camo

. . . Tabac reminds me of my grandmother's face powder she used....lol.
I was wondering when somebody would get to that. And yes, Tabac does remind me of my mother's purse. I'd catch a whiff of powder when she clicked it open to dig out bus fare for us when my brother and I were small.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I can't use Palmolive classic cream without thinking of my dad shaving, and Blue Stratos aftershave was his favourite Friday night scent.
Tabac always reminds me of the smell of the endless supply of tissues my mother kept in her handbag that she insisted on using to wipe my face clean whenever we were out no matter how much l protested or struggled.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Rather than copy and paste, here is a link:

. . .
Tabac always reminds me of the smell of the endless supply of tissues my mother kept in her handbag that she insisted on using to wipe my face clean whenever we were out no matter how much l protested or struggled.
Mine did that too. Embarrassing as hell, especially when your college friends see you. . . . :c9:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Mind, I've only had a couple small sample bottles, but Myrsol Formula C reminds me of the smell of an old woman's handbag.

Top Bottom