What's new

Scent that brings back memory’s

A couple of years now, I’ve been on the hunt for those smells that take me back.
Fine’s green vetiver, brings me back to cutting down weeds in my grandpas overgrown garden.
Captain choice cat of nine tails and I’m rafting down the river.
Clubman Pinaud has that long lasting powder smell, reminds me of chasing my kids around in there terrible twos.
Barrister & Mann fougere Gothique. Who didn’t spend there childhood playing in the dirt.
Soap commander with there great tobacco & floral smell of the holidays.
Anyhow
The one that started the search, Fern.... at least 10-20 soaps and aftershaves, but still have not found it. The smell that brings me back to the redwoods in springtime. The time camping and hiking as a kid, all so vivid in my thoughts.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
PAA Doppelgänger Orange always reminds me of my uncle who I spent summers with in the 1950/60s.
Doppelgänger takes me right back there. Unfortunately PAA has dropped Doppelgänger Orange from their line up. 😢😢😢
Grand Times.

A couple of years now, I’ve been on the hunt for those smells that take me back.
Fine’s green vetiver, brings me back to cutting down weeds in my grandpas overgrown garden.
Captain choice cat of nine tails and I’m rafting down the river.
Clubman Pinaud has that long lasting powder smell, reminds me of chasing my kids around in there terrible twos.
Barrister & Mann fougere Gothique. Who didn’t spend there childhood playing in the dirt.
Soap commander with there great tobacco & floral smell of the holidays.
Anyhow
The one that started the search, Fern.... at least 10-20 soaps and aftershaves, but still have not found it. The smell that brings me back to the redwoods in springtime. The time camping and hiking as a kid, all so vivid in my thoughts.
Have you tried MDC Fougere?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Pinaud Clubman brings back early memories of haircuts in the old barbershop on the town square.

Chiseled Face Summer Storm brings back memories of storms rolling in and the blast of cooler air that preceded them. Cooler is relative, in Texas that means dropping from 105f to 90f. We would go out and play in the rain unless the lightning was too bad. After the storm dust in the air would have been knocked down, plants that been wilting in the heat suddenly seemed alive again, and everything seemed so clean and vibrant.

Fahrenheit cologne brings back lots of high school and early 20’s memories.

Quorum cologne reminds me of my dad just as Old Spice reminds me of my Grandfather.

English Leather cologne reminds me of high school. Clubman Regular of trips to the barbershop as a kid. (I always asked the barber to leave my hair a little longer on top; Mom or Dad always vetoed it.)

Nobody believes me, but the scent of Sharp Dressed Man aftershave and cologne (now) reminds me of Cheerios, esp. when a little stale, eaten in front of the TV watching Superman. Arko, of Fritos original corn chips, also a little stale. Proraso Green aftershave brings me a little whiff of a new and freshly opened plastic model kit, especially from Aurora, ca. 1962.

Musk perfume? Of long lovely nights w/ then then-Mrs. Benzadmiral No. 2 in the '80s. (TMI, I suppose?)

Stirling Glastonbury somehow reminds me of Halloween as a kid (I think it's something to do with the patchouli and possibly a Halloween specific candle my mom had) It brings me right back to windy Autumn days of my youth and I love it! Plus I use Glastonbury year round, so I get that warm and fuzzy feeling during summer too.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
So my Adventure into wet shaving and aftershave started back in 2013. I bought a bottle of Pinauld Clubman Classic. I loved it so much that I bought a bottle for my dad. When I gave it to him he smelt it and he started to tear up. It brought a lot of memories back for him in a little small town in a no where place in South Texas.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Stirling Glastonbury somehow reminds me of Halloween as a kid (I think it's something to do with the patchouli and possibly a Halloween specific candle my mom had) It brings me right back to windy Autumn days of my youth and I love it! Plus I use Glastonbury year round, so I get that warm and fuzzy feeling during summer too.
Glastonbury reminds me of outdoor rock concerts in the 70s (which after all is where it gets the name). I splash it on and I hear Richard Thompson fronting Fairport Convention on a stage set up in a muddy field as barefoot and braless girls from the English midlands in tee shirts and saris whirl and spin around me in rhythm.

hippie.jpeg

Last edited:
Clove scent brings back fond memories of stays at my grandmother's in the 50s & early 60s. She chain-smoked, rolling her own, while chewing (gumming) on cloves and Bazooka gum. She was a tough old broad, sleeping most of the day and reading cowboy paperbacks most of the night. Her place always smelled of cigs and cloves, but I loved staying there. Ogallala is the only shave soap I know of with a clove scent. It's not a great shave soap, but I sometimes use it as a shower soap. Ogallala does make a great aftershave that I use when I need a clove fix.

Top Bottom