What's new

Scent suggestion...

So one of my hobbies is reloading/shooting. Coming off the range after burning through some handloaded .357s a thought struck me: Why has no one made an aftershave scented with that glorious cordite/powder spell that one gets from gunfire?

No, I'm not talking about some of the nastier smells you get from black powder, or the weird smell from some of the Russian made steel-case ammo.

I'd buy it. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a manlier scent than a slightly tuned version of that.

:001_smile

Thoughts?

Interesting. I shoot Trap and Skeet and am more than familiar with that smell.
Everyone I know who has fired a gun likes that smell in one way or another.

You might just be on to something.

Eau d'Range? or .357 pour Homme?

I thought I read somewhere that Himalaya has gun powder in it. Not that it smells like a freshly fired musket, but interesting nonetheless.

TERRE D' HERMES has a definite gun metal accord to it that I find very distinct. Seems to be present from opening, into heart notes, and some what into the drydown That might work for ya.

So one of my hobbies is reloading/shooting. Coming off the range after burning through some handloaded .357s a thought struck me: Why has no one made an aftershave scented with that glorious cordite/powder spell that one gets from gunfire?

No, I'm not talking about some of the nastier smells you get from black powder, or the weird smell from some of the Russian made steel-case ammo.

I'd buy it. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a manlier scent than a slightly tuned version of that.

:001_smile

Thoughts?

Curious. What kind of .357 do you shoot. That's one of my favorite platforms.One of the most versatile out there, that or the .327 Federal mag.

The fragrance that immediately came to mine was Terre d'Hermes. Like mentioned earlier, it definitely has a flint, gunpowder accord that complements its sharp orange top notes. In fact, my 11 year old was smelling this yesterday and commented on the gunpowder scent. You might wonder at the appeal of the gunpowder, orange combination but it is one of my favorite scents. While it is suitable for wearing year round, I find it to really shine in hot weather.

To this day, the initial burst of Caron's Third Man has has a scent that reminds me of roadside flares or firecrackers. It is gone after a few minutes, but that is one of my favorite aspects of that one.

I get celery, too, & cedar from Yatagan.

The "flint" smell in the Terre D'Hermes might indeed be what you're looking for. It's not going to smell exactly the same by any means as the actual gun powder smell, as it's blended in, but it might be close enough for you to remind you of the smell with which you'll associate it. I think if someone didn't like that flinty gunpowder smell, they might not like TdH.

Curious. What kind of .357 do you shoot. That's one of my favorite platforms.One of the most versatile out there, that or the .327 Federal mag.

I use a GP100 usually. I have a snubby Taurus as well, but usually just run 38s through it.

I don't load too many magnums, actually. I usually make a huge load of wadcutters and use those for drills. Missouri Bullet Company makes a fantastic, super cheap wadcutter that I can get locally which makes reloading the best value you can get!

Top Bottom