What's new

Scent of creams vs soaps

In the opinion of the experts on here do y’all believe that the scent of creams last longer than those of soaps. I tried a palm lather of Proraso Wood and Spice last night after receiving it and was floored how long the scent lingered. Are most creams like this? Honestly while i love great scents, I don’t find it best for me if they linger forever. So just wondering what the consensus might be. Also, is there anywhere to order samples of high end creams. I love the lather the Wood and Spice made, but could take the scent so ended up PIF it to someone. I’d like to try some of the high end creams such as XPEC, ADP, ABCA, SMN, but would like to try samples before shelling out cash for them.

I don't look for staying power in my creams, just the scent while I'm shaving. I use Proraso and TOBS.

I rinse and dry my face after shaving and apply aftershave. It's the aftershave's scent that stays around for awhile.

Some creams and soaps last longer than others, but I've not found that the former stay around for longer as a general rule. In any case, even the the most persistent soaps and creams seem not to linger for more than a few minutes after I shave — at least not so far as my nose can detect. That's one of the reasons I use an aftershave and/or cologne.

I find both the scent of both soaps and creams to linger about the same.....which is not long at all. Especially after rinsing with cold water, applying alum, rinsing with cold water again, applying witch hazel (unscented) and then a balm (in winter) and an aftershave. After all of that there is no hint of the cream or soap that I used. I only expect to enjoy the soap/cream scent during my shave and have no expectation of smelling it once I'm done. Now, occasionally, if I want to catch a whiff of my creams or soaps, I'll just stand in front of my stacks of tubs and open each one, smelling them deeply and longingly, drifting off into the twilight realm of my own secret thoughts..........

I don't think there is much difference in scent longevity between creams and soaps. You'll find some examples of both that lost longer than you'd expect, and some others that you stop smelling during the shave. I've found that most hug the middle ground, and last for a little while after the shave before dissipating. I haven't tried Wood & Spice yet, but I have heard that it is on the much stronger and longer lasting side of the scale.

Pannacrema Nuavia have the longest lived scents of any soap or cream I know. It lasts for hours, especially if you use the leftover lather as postshave, as per the instructions.

Top Bottom