What's new

Scent of a Woman

What perfume do you like best on your wife/girlfriend? My wife wears Tiffany, D&G Light Blue, Burberry Brit, and Givenchy's Very Irresistable. Without hesitation, D & G Light Blue is my favorite on her. I would also like if she would try Marc Jacobs Daisy in the future.

Oscar de la Renta - Ruffles. No longer made, so it's on her for special occasions.

Estée Lauder - Beautiful. She always gets compliments from me on how good she smells.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
My Mrs. loves (and I :001_tt1: the scent too), wearing Bijan ("a refined, oriental, woody fragrance... a scent possess a blend of sandalwood, oakmoss, and orange flower"), by Bijan, Eau De Toilette Spray - $29.99USD (2.5 oz for everyday use).

Then there's Bal a Versailles ("a rich blend of floral, amber, spice and sweet balsamic notes"), Pure Perfume by Jean Desprez Paris, Pure Parfum - $74.99USD (.25 oz for special occasions...concerts, the performing arts, black tie affairs, ect...).

'Milady' picked them both out many, many years ago and I 'keep her in style' by buying on-line from "Perfume Castle" (
http://perfumecastle.com/ordering-and-shipping.html), and only $5.95 per order.

Having said that, I've haven't 'fallen off my
proxy.php
'
but when I was a young boy...I saw my Mom put her assorted perfumes in the refrigerator. When I asked her why, she 'lovingly' rebuked me with the reply, "Because they last longer and a gentleman never asks a lady or his Mother too many questions....now go out and play!!".

Of course I have never practiced these methods with my Clubman Citrus Musk, but you know what? My Mrs. heard the same thing from her Mother and of course you know she passed this 'secret' down to our girls, which we hope will 'pass it along' to their girls.

Now I know I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer :blink: , but I mean, as far as I can tell (and I have stole a few whiffs...now & then over the years), the chill temp in the refrigerator seems to 'draw out' more of the 'essence' of her pleasant scents.
attachment.php
attachment.php

proxy.php
"A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed [and scented],". Coco Chanel

Last edited:
I buy her what she likes. If she's happy, I'm happy.

She has a collection of Bond No. 9. The latest addition was at Xmas when I gave her a bottle of their Brooklyn EdC. In 30+ years, she's only ever had maybe one or two scents where she liked 'em and I didn't.

Bond No. 9 makes male and female scents and more than a few that are claimed to be unisex. The bottles are supposedly collectible and some are limited editions.

She has quite a few, but my favorites are Illuminum White Gardenia Petals, Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance, Frederick Malle Portrait of a Lady, D&G Light Blue and what I think smells best on her, Burberry London.

The Mugler ones (Angel, Alien) seem to be about the only ones that I ever really notice for more than a couple minutes after she sprays them.

I'm going to be the odd man out here, but I prefer it when my fiancé doesn't wear any particular fragrance. The combination of her laundry detergent, body wash, and the light scent of the body lotion she always uses is the scent I associate most with her. I'm not really sensitive to any fragrances, it's just my preference. Drives her nuts, especially since I prefer her sans-makeup as well. All that being said, the only scent I really like is definitely weird- Axe Anarchy II For Her. She loves Axe products, and even if I can't stand them myself, something about it just works. Probably because it smells like her normal self.

Last edited:
Top Bottom