What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: smoky, balmy, woody, green, oud, tobacco

Black Afgano has a sweet floral opening which lasts for a few minutes before transitioning to a sweet inscence and leather. After half an hour a smoky cigarette tobacco comes forward and later followed by woods. The smokiness continues for the duration of the frag and there is also the slightest scent of patchouli which lingers ever so delicately in the background from start to finish.

This frag touches many of my weaknesses such as leather, woods, smoke, inscents and if it wasn't so sweet I could wear this one every day. I can't quite put my finger on this sweet note, it's got a fruity note to it, like honey and raspberry or as others have suggested the sweet cherry note found in heliotrope. Like Duro, this frag is very transformative on my skin for the first hour then it turns linear lasting all day.

Nasomatto Week
Nasomatto Pardon (2011) - Monday
Nasomatto Duro extrait LS (2007) - Tuesday
Nasomatto Black Afgano (2009) - Wednesday
Nasomatto Hindu Grass (2006) - Thursday
Nasomatto Absinth (2007) - Friday

Last edited:
Bois de Santal
by Creed

It's been a long time since I've worn this. Stashed away in a dark place far out of reach, I nearly sold it by accident. After realizing the near mistake, it was sitting on my dresser in plain sight calling my name. Opening the cap once in a while I was reminded of why this smells so good. Wearing it today is even better. There is a touch of skank in the opening, a musk note that a lot of folks consider civet, but which I don't think is civet at all. Well, it could be, but my guess is that it's a floral note, one of the indoles, something like jasmine, perhaps, or maybe even orange blossom - or both? The skank note is not very strong - noticeable but modest - and never really quite goes away but is confined to a very quiet whisper before long. I also pick up some very subtle notes of rose, tobacco, and patchouli - very, very quiet notes, mind you. There is a touch of powder in this, just a touch, and - a bit more noticeable - the notorious Creed amber. The star, however, is a judicious dose of sandalwood that provides a little peppery kick, but which is so creamy smooth it's almost buttery. In the realm of sandalwood fragrances, this might be like the shadow of some of the more vociferous giants like Profumum's Santalum or MPG's Santal Noble, but it is all the more impressive for its subtle style of class and elegance - a classic beyond comparison.

proxy.php

Last edited:
love this one! such a shape shifter - it's amazing how it gets from the opening notes to the finishing notes

I haven't worn it in quite some time. Apart from the fact that it's an absolutely perfect​ scent for an early Spring day, it just smells so freaking good! Floral, green, fresh & earthy. Loving it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom