What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCS Smoke and Beads
I'm waiting for this one to arrive from Wendy along with a few others. :thumbup1:
Burberry London EDT
I really like London, and after reading comments about it's longevity, I've sprayed a little on my shirt which works really well for increasing the staying power.
Terre d'Hermes Parfum
How do you like the parfum version? It seems to me to have a softer and richer feel than the EdT, which is much more tart and brighter. I like them both. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Acqua di Parma
Profumo

AdP Profumo is amazing! It might be the best chypre ever. So green, so lush, so good!

Micallef Black Sea

Surprisingly good! Not too sweet (a little but not too much) and kind of a spicy tobacco scent. No doubt it's the vanilla and the spices that are giving a kind of pipe tobacco tone but there's a lot more going on here than just pipe tobacco. I LOVE pipe tobacco scents, for the record, and this one is perhaps one of the more unique versions of it. For example, the gaiac and sandalwood give it a kind or woody resinous note that partially offsets the sweet tobacco notes. This reminds me of a less-sweet and more complex version of John Varvatos, which I also like. In sum, this is a great fragrance, think I'll double up on the sprays next time!

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Le Prince Jardinier
Arboretum

Egads! I smell like a shrubbery! And I like it!

ARTHUR: O Knights of Ni, you are just and fair, and we will return with a shrubbery.
HEAD KNIGHT: One that looks nice.
ARTHUR: Of course.
HEAD KNIGHT: And not too expensive.
ARTHUR: Yes.

Vintage Tabarome--I am warming to it. I still darn near refuse to endorse something so troublesome and expensive to get ahold of. Am smelling some overlap with Cuir de Russie.

Wow, Luca Turin is off on VT. He sure has it in for Creed. Undercuts his credibility with me, which credibility remains substantial. To me LT and scents is like Roger Ebert and movies, and Phyllis Richman (Washington Post) and food, I may disagree with them, but their way of thinking about these things is embedded so deeply in my head, I feel like they are present when I try to evaluate these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom