What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Montale "Black Aoud" today. Had not worn for about a year. Such a great scent! Flawless. Not one I want to wear everyday, but it hits the spot when I do.

Nice to see you around, Austin. I like Pens Castile, too. Every bit as good as ADP to me.

I agree with Evbo and mdevine re Creed "Fuilles Verte," except I am not quite so down on the current Creeds and would not quite put Fuilles Verte level with Windsor, but it is nearly there and I agree with Evbo re the quality of the discontinued Creeds. They do blow the doors off the current Creeds and most scents out there. One tell re that is that I adore most every one of them, except the Vetiver, which is nice but not awesome, as the others truly are.

$creed-aventus.jpg
I got a sample of this a few weeks back when I was Christmas shopping at Nordstrom. When I first smelled this I really enjoyed it. I was even trying to figure out how to convince the wife to let me buy some. After wearing it for the last few days I can honestly say I'm sick of it. Maybe the novelty of a new scent has worn off or I'm starting to pick up more of the individual notes that I don't enjoy. Either way, my wallet is thankful I won't be purchasing this one.​

Creed
proxy.php

Cuir de Russie

A fabulous leather. Refined yet at the same time carries the essence of being a manly scent. It's got a strange top note at times almost a feint citrus and at times an animalic edge (like civet but not civet) to it that I would love to have linger. Of course, the problem with this scent in general is that it tends not to linger long at any stage... Nonetheless, a fabulous piece of scent making while it is around!

Cuir de Russie

A fabulous leather. Refined yet at the same time carries the essence of being a manly scent. It's got a strange top note at times almost a feint citrus and at times an animalic edge (like civet but not civet) to it that I would love to have linger. Of course, the problem with this scent in general is that it tends not to linger long at any stage... Nonetheless, a fabulous piece of scent making while it is around!

Yeah, this is a great one. So is the one I swiped from my wife's collection this morning - Chanel Bois des Iles. Totally unisex to my tastes and one of the most fantastically rich dry downs - smooth, warm, lush amber/vanilla /powdery/sandalwood concoction - ever. Beautiful citric/jasmine/rose/aldehyde opening as well. A real gem.

$Capture2.JPG$Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Today: Essentially Me's Sandalwood Genuine botanical sandalwood extrait.

This is an interesting frag. While it's a dilution of sandalwood extract in alcohol, something about the process has lent a maple syrup-y note to the sandalwood. So it kind of smells like a mixture of sandalwood & caramelized maple sugar. Really, really nice stuff! :thumbup1:

Jubilation XXV
by Amouage

Frankincense, labdanum ciste, coriander, davana, blackberry, orange, gaicwood, rose, honey, bay, orchid, cinnamon, clove, celery seed, opoponox, patchouli, myrrh, musk, moss, atlas cedarwood, ambergris, oud, immortelle

Absolutely one of the best fragrances ever made and one of only three Amouage fragrances that I will always have in the collection. I can never quite put a finger on Jubi XXV but sometimes it comes across as a spicy dried fruit and incense frag that could almost be right in line Serge Lutens if it weren't for a certain something that makes it distinctly Amouage. That "something," I believe, is the Silver frankincense that is used, a frankincense of very high quality. Now I'm not big on "fruity" frags but when done well they are amazing. Wazamba comes to mind, as does Egoiste - in fact, Jubi XXV smells like Egoiste with amped up incense notes.

proxy.php

Montale Taj

Wow that is a strong opening! One spray would do, and I applied 3 small sprays. Hope I don't offend anyone tonite.
Really looking forward to the drydown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom