What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day~ 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

TERRE D'HERMES Parfum

I find there to be a very noticeable difference between the vintage juice & the juice that's out there now. Did you get the same impression?

I have not tried the current product. I have read that the vintage is different. I need to sample the new stuff.

You described it well. It does not project like Floris or Guerlain. It stays close to the body. I like it very much.

To me Givenchy Vetyver is a sweeter, more restrained, vet as compared to say Guerlain or Floris, and certainly does not have the untamed root qualities of lots of the vets we talk about around here. Not arl all as dry as say Creed Vet 1948. Some of the notes you see on like talk about a nutty or buttery quality. I can smell what they are talking about, but I am not sure I would use that language. Some notes say it is sharp, but I would not have said that at all. Aristocratic in a sweet, refined, way, not in the aloof way of say Pens BB. A little old school.

Very nice stuff. One of the classic vet benchmarks, I would say, along with Guerlain. I prefer Guerlain overall, but Givenchy is a fine, classic, expression of vet!

proxy.php

Floris "Elite--for three days in a row now.

I am really liking this scent and cannot for the life of me understand why it does not get more love here and elsewhere on the web. And I am not a big Floris fan usually.

I get lots of tobacco from it, something not many others who have "published" notes about it seem to find in it. Except our own B&B review of it, which finds lots of cigarette smoke. I can see that comment.

According to Floris: Elite is a contemplative concoction of grapefruit and Bergamot leaf sits with the beautifully woody base of this mature and mellow melange. Patchouli Lavender and Cedarwood meld subtly with Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Vetiver, and Tuberose for a richly inviting fragrance exuding the confidence of its wearer.​

I would never guess what Elite smells like to me from that description! Lots of tenacity. Very masculine. Seems less restrained to me than most Floris scents. Floris' reference to confidence of the wearer makes sense to me. This is not a "wall-flower" scent. I would expect to to be a polarizing scent, but not an unpopular scent!

I think both jakespoppy and Austin like this scent, too, and they may want to weigh in. Props to both of them for, in different ways, putting me onto this scent, jakespoppy after he smelled it "blind," which to me always is gives additional credence to a recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom