What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day~ 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Tiffany & Co. - Tiffany for Men

proxy.php

Floris "Elite--for three days in a row now.

I am really liking this scent and cannot for the life of me understand why it does not get more love here and elsewhere on the web. And I am not a big Floris fan usually.

I get lots of tobacco from it, something not many others who have "published" notes about it seem to find in it. Except our own B&B review of it, which finds lots of cigarette smoke. I can see that comment.

According to Floris: Elite is a contemplative concoction of grapefruit and Bergamot leaf sits with the beautifully woody base of this mature and mellow melange. Patchouli Lavender and Cedarwood meld subtly with Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Vetiver, and Tuberose for a richly inviting fragrance exuding the confidence of its wearer.​

I would never guess what Elite smells like to me from that description! Lots of tenacity. Very masculine. Seems less restrained to me than most Floris scents. Floris' reference to confidence of the wearer makes sense to me. This is not a "wall-flower" scent. I would expect to to be a polarizing scent, but not an unpopular scent!

I think both jakespoppy and Austin like this scent, too, and they may want to weigh in. Props to both of them for, in different ways, putting me onto this scent, jakespoppy after he smelled it "blind," which to me always is gives additional credence to a recommendation!

Robbie, I agree with your prose. In your honor, I will wear it tomorrow and shave with the soap as well.

proxy.php

Floris "Elite--for three days in a row now.

I am really liking this scent and cannot for the life of me understand why it does not get more love here and elsewhere on the web. And I am not a big Floris fan usually.

I get lots of tobacco from it, something not many others who have "published" notes about it seem to find in it. Except our own B&B review of it, which finds lots of cigarette smoke. I can see that comment.

According to Floris: Elite is a contemplative concoction of grapefruit and Bergamot leaf sits with the beautifully woody base of this mature and mellow melange. Patchouli Lavender and Cedarwood meld subtly with Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Vetiver, and Tuberose for a richly inviting fragrance exuding the confidence of its wearer.​

I would never guess what Elite smells like to me from that description! Lots of tenacity. Very masculine. Seems less restrained to me than most Floris scents. Floris' reference to confidence of the wearer makes sense to me. This is not a "wall-flower" scent. I would expect to to be a polarizing scent, but not an unpopular scent!

I think both jakespoppy and Austin like this scent, too, and they may want to weigh in. Props to both of them for, in different ways, putting me onto this scent, jakespoppy after he smelled it "blind," which to me always is gives additional credence to a recommendation!

Robbie, I agree with your prose. In your honor, I will wear it tomorrow and shave with the soap as well.

Robbie, this is a great description of Floris Elite, and it's too bad it's going to get lost in the "Scent/Fragrance of the Day~2010" thread as it slides down the threads to obscurity now that we have the "...2011" thread going. I "blind tested" this with 9 other scents over several days, so I will have to go back to my notes to refresh my memory of specific impressions, but yes, I do remember being surprised it was a Floris scent, and I do remember liking it quite a lot. :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom