What's new

(SCENT) Could someone describe the Myrsol Plastic and Formula C scentwise

Recently I acquired both the Myrsol Emulsion and Aqua Balsamica and I've fallen in love with both of them. Not only is their performance fantastic, the scent of both products (especially the Emulsion) is so good it's almost addictive.

Looking at other offerings by Myrsol and many reviews I'm interested in the Formula C and Plastic, however the description of the scents are somewhat limited to rose and powder (for the Plastic) and violet (for the C).

If anyone could provide a broader description of one of these (or both) I would be very grateful.

I hope your day is treating you well!

For the scent of Formula C, think of candy - specifically Pez, Spree, Smarties, Sweet Tarts...that kind of candy, mixed with violets.
If you've ever had C. Howards Violet Candy ( I love this stuff) well, that's what it smells like.

For the scent of Formula C, think of candy - specifically Pez, Spree, Smarties, Sweet Tarts...that kind of candy, mixed with violets.
If you've ever had C. Howards Violet Candy ( I love this stuff) well, that's what it smells like.

Would you consider these 2 flavors of Myrsol very powdery? I do enjoy sweet (candy like) floral scents (at least I hope I do) but old fashioned, powdery scents are not really what I'm looking for.

This seems about right to me. I used Formula C this morning, and never could describe the scent until I saw this thread.

I've got full bottles of Formula C, Antesol, F./extra, Aqua Balsamica and Emulsion. The scent of each is mild and fleeting to me, although the Balsamica lingers more than the others. F./extra is the only one that has a powder element, to my nose. Haven't tried the Plastic.

The Balsamica is the only "savory" one among the bunch. The others smell somewhat sweet to me.

I really like all of them, but they have many competitors on my shelf. The only two I may like better are Wm Neumann and Tabac, in part because the scents are stronger and less fleeting. Wm Neumann has a slightly better face feel than Myrsol AS.

I use Emulsion every day, but only as a pre-shave. I tried five other pre-shaves before trying Emulsion, and I'm convinced I get better shaves since. (When it comes to shaving, perception is reality.) I'm certain I'll buy another bottle when this one runs out. The bottle should last over a year with daily use. Love the Emulsion.

I get no powder.

+1

Neither of these is powdery to me.

Formula C to me is refreshing masculine violets with a hint of sweetness (without being cloying). Plastic Shave to me is very light rose and nearly identical in scent to D.R. Harris Pink (with much better skin care).

Myrsol is all about skin care and the wonderful (but fleeting) scents are an added bonus.

I use Emulsion every day, but only as a pre-shave. I tried five other pre-shaves before trying Emulsion, and I'm convinced I get better shaves since. (When it comes to shaving, perception is reality.) I'm certain I'll buy another bottle when this one runs out. The bottle should last over a year with daily use. Love the Emulsion.

Love the Emulsión too. I don't use it every day as a pre-shave, but I do when using shavettes -- I really think it helps there.
I have to agree about the pleasant light scent, and the gentle glow it gives using as an after-shave is just a delight.

One of these times I still intend to shave with it, which is something that's mentioned on the label.
Apparently, that's how the company founder, the late Mr. Miquel, used it.

Myrsol Plastic has a sort of pre-CFC ban Aquanet hairspray aspect (at first), which then fades to a rose-ish scent with synthetic overtones (but in a good way). SCENE: It's 1963, and mom & dad are going out for the evening - There's a bit of mom's tasteful perfume combined with her hairspray, dad's Brylcreem, and the smell of the ink from the new TV Guide on the side table. You are safe at home and the western world strides confidently ahead.

Just try it. It's good stuff!

Myrsol Plastic has a sort of pre-CFC ban Aquanet hairspray aspect (at first), which then fades to a rose-ish scent with synthetic overtones (but in a good way). SCENE: It's 1963, and mom & dad are going out for the evening - There's a bit of mom's tasteful perfume combined with her hairspray, dad's Brylcreem, and the smell of the ink from the new TV Guide on the side table. You are safe at home and the western world strides confidently ahead.

That is very good.

You, my friend, have a way with words. Well stated.

To me, the Emulsion smells a bit like old-time cold cream or moisturizer - specifically the Jergens that my mother used growing up. It's not an exact match, but that's what's conjured up in my mind when I put it on. (I, too, use it as preshave only - alternating it with Crown Shaving Co. Pre Shave Formula.)

Regarding the other scents, Maggard's carries samples of many of the Myrsol products (but not all). I've got some samples of Agua Balsamico, Agua de Limon, Metisol and Antesol. Balsamico and Metisol both give a pronounced thyme scent, with Metisol fading more quickly than the Balsamico. Limon is lemony without being cloying. I think I like Antesol the best but it's hard to describe. All leave my face feeling very nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom