What's new

Scarves?

Yup. Simple wrap around my neck (no overlap or knot) to close off the opening of my sportcoat in cold weather.

i wear scarves, ive got a couple of diferent ones that I wear to match different clothes. I vary how I wear it from just around the neck, looped around and back again and sometimes in 'cravat' from under my coat at the neck if its paticularly cold

In the old days I wore one that wrapped around my head a few times so only my eyes would show through..
then along with mittens that were tied together thru the sleeves of my parka and was sent off to school.. :lol:

now, I wear one just with the carcoat in cold weather, wrapped not knotted..
no mittens :biggrin:

ahh, the good ol days.... :001_rolle

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Yep I wear a scarf to keep the snow out. Just wrapped once or twice around my neck depending on the length of the scarf.

I've lived in several different cold climates. Nothing beats a scarf for keeping the heat bottled in. I always take one with me when I travel in the winter. It's too warm in Southern California, even in winter, for a scarf.

I own several and have found all but one to be a pain. Never comfortable, always struggling to put them away safely and not forget them in a bar etc. The only one I like's about 8ft long and 2 wide and I can only wear it with my duffle coat....and then I discovered the shemagh scarf, whch my mate calls a kaffir, tho this might be unwittingly derogatory. Its the one Arrafat used to wear? I think of it as a Bedouin Scarf. This is the answer to all my scarf needs. I got one in dark green and black and niot only does it look the business, it can be as warm or as airy as you like. I strongly suggest one.

http://www.simplyislam.com/images/pages/50643a.jpg

Top Bottom