What's new

Scam web pages advertising ammunition and reloading components: BEWARE

Like anything else in demand ammo and reloading components esp. primers are being offered for sale by fake scam sites. While I don't currently have any particular links here's some things to watch:

1. Ammo or reloading components in stock at Trump-era ("salad days") pricing. If the pricing is too good to be true it probably is.

2. A Google Maps search for the physical location turns up nothing or a business not gun-related.

3. A phone number with an area code not matching the claimed physical address.

4. The site only accepts "alternative" forms of payment such as bitcoin.

5. The site does not have the typical shopping cart checkout payment but requests that you send your CC info via an email address.

6. Poor syntax/grammer/usage throughout the website.

7. Website claims they have access to merchandise that no one else can get. "We scour the Internet...."

ARFCOM members report not to do business with opticsandammo.com

They don't ship product to the point where you contest the charges with your CC company and when you get reimbursed they threaten you with a lawsuit (but don't follow up).

BBB rating is poor many complaints.

I think I ran into one of those a couple of weeks ago. Www.armsplug.com. I had been looking for a Ruger American Duty model. No one had one, but these guys claimed to have plenty at a price $150 less than the going rate at other websites that were out of stock. They took credit card, PayPal, Bitcoin and a couple of cash applications. When my credit card refused to authorize, I tried PayPal and it refused to authorize. They kept pushing me toward Bitcoin or a cash app.

I’ve since discovered that PayPal won’t allow firearm or ammo transactions.

I cut and ran as fast as I could.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Like anything else in demand ammo and reloading components esp. primers are being offered for sale by fake scam sites. While I don't currently have any particular links here's some things to watch:

1. Ammo or reloading components in stock at Trump-era ("salad days") pricing. If the pricing is too good to be true it probably is.

2. A Google Maps search for the physical location turns up nothing or a business not gun-related.

3. A phone number with an area code not matching the claimed physical address.

4. The site only accepts "alternative" forms of payment such as bitcoin.

5. The site does not have the typical shopping cart checkout payment but requests that you send your CC info via an email address.

6. Poor syntax/grammer/usage throughout the website.

7. Website claims they have access to merchandise that no one else can get. "We scour the Internet...."

All good points! Avoid Reload Guns at all costs. 1k of CCI SPP for $59.95 (way to good to be true) and only take debit cards thru Google Pay as an offsite transaction (No recourse) and I have reported them to Google and GoDaddy legal just because! Those are both HUGE red flags! Gunbroker is anther one where due diligence is necessary. Not saying to avoid and I have actually gotten some deals BUT alot of sellers don't do CCs thru the site. Some do offsite, others wants checks or M/O or something like Zell/PP friends and family. Look for a LOT of positive feedback, NO negative feedback, and whatever their version of a "verified seller" is. I have one seller who is a good dude and actually asked me what my intentions were for the ammo I was buying. "Well, sir. They are my favorite squirrel killin' bullets". I think if I had even hinted that I was going to resell he would have shut me down! I have yet to get burned and fingers crossed! If in doubt ask here or ARFCOM or Snipers Hide. The ne'er-do-wells can't hide for long!

Optics and Ammo is a joke and there are some epic threads on that clown.

Last edited:
Top Bottom