What's new

Scaling up at Mr. And Mrs. Camjr's house

Homemade spaghetti and meatballs from a family recipe from many generations ago is not taken lightly at the Camjr's house. 168oz of San Marzano tomatoes, 144oz of San Marzano tomato paste, a slurry made with 6 large onions and 30 cloves of garlic, and 150 meatballs made from 6 pounds each of ground beef and Italian sausage. Big spice profile. Plenty to load up my father's freezer, our freezer, and lunch tomorrow at his house. We need a nap.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Reminds me of my late friend's "company lasagne" that he baked in a pan big enough to conceal Jimmy Hoffa. :)

In fact, "Jimmy Hoffa Lasagne" was what we always called it.

O.H.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Sounds tasty. I love meals like that. It's nice to be able to pull a home cooked meal out of the freezer and just reheat and eat. What's your method for tying it all together?

Sounds tasty. I love meals like that. It's nice to be able to pull a home cooked meal out of the freezer and just reheat and eat. What's your method for tying it all together?
Brown the meatballs (not cooked all the way thru - they finish cooking in the sauce later), and then add more olive oil and fry the slurry in the pan or pot the meatballs were browned in to get all the goodness from the bottom of the pan. Blend the tomatoes and paste together until smooth, then add to the slurry, then add the meatballs. Let cook for several hours on low, and then add sugar at the end to taste.

The actual recipe is pretty long, but this is it in a nutshell. Spices may vary based on personal taste.

Top Bottom