What's new

Scale blanks and freebie

Teak from somewhere with teak trees
Lol, Your totally wrong but..... because i cracked up laughing i'm going to make you our first ever wrong answer WINNER.
So theres a hint ppl, Its not teak, and its not from Teak, lol.
I will give another hint, This ones not Australian. (you can have another guess Oliver)

After careful consideration my guess would be: Afzelia and to be more precise I think it is Afzelia Doussie
It comes mostly from Angola, Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory coast, Liberia, Senegal, Sudan, Central African Republic.

Haha thanks NewtoBengall I knew Tasmania wasn't a country (Shifty eyes)...

Lets try again

I am guessing Doussie from Asia

Final Answer!

Lol, Your totally wrong but..... because i cracked up laughing i'm going to make you our first ever wrong answer WINNER.
So theres a hint ppl, Its not teak, and its not from Teak, lol.
I will give another hint, This ones not Australian. (you can have another guess Oliver)
My dad and bro would be proud of me - I'm the black sheep of the family, my dad had more than 50 years as a joiner and my brother has a degree in furniture restoration (yeah, from a university!) and I'm a banker!!! Ha ha ha. When I looked at pictures of teak on the web afterwards I realised I was slightly awry. Oh well, I'm still the winningest loser!!!!!! :)

Thanks Newtobengall got the blanks today just in time for the weekend. I love the blackheart sassafras will definitely have to use a special blade for that n the myrtle is short enough for me to try to make a cjb folding. Will need to do some research on how to finish wood scales as I have only ever done acrylic

Thanks Newtobengall got the blanks today just in time for the weekend. I love the blackheart sassafras will definitely have to use a special blade for that n the myrtle is short enough for me to try to make a cjb folding. Will need to do some research on how to finish wood scales as I have only ever done acrylic
Same principles as acrylic, just a little harder to get right, but easy enough, as for a finish i recommend doing CA looks awesome on both those timbers. If you need any advice im always happy to help mate, just throw me a PM.

Ok another clue.....This is a hard clue but....
This timber was featured on the Aussie tv show "the block" the other week. it was used to build a staircase.
If you get it from this clue please dont give it away, just state your guess as per usual.

Top Bottom