What's new

Say hello to my little friend...

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Meet Buddy. She's my Yellow-naped Amazon Parrot. She's 25 years old and feisty as ever. She enjoys listening to the Beatles. Her favorite song seems to be Mean Mr. Mustard. :001_smile

Attachments

• 0627211045a.jpg
    0627211045a.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Meet Buddy. She's my Yellow-naped Amazon Parrot. She's 25 years old and feisty as ever. She enjoys listening to the Beatles. Her favorite song seems to be Mean Mr. Mustard. :001_smile

I love parrots, but many only bond with one person. My wife and I had a peach-faced love bird and cockatiels in the 70s & 80s. The love bird, we got from a breeder, was insane. It would fly down to the floor, spread its wings, and chase our young daughters out of the room. When it got to the point where it was drawing blood, snapping welds on its cage to escape, and I was the only one that could handle it, I gave it to a pet shop run by a "bird guru". Even he thought it was deranged and gave it to a kid who helped clean the cages after school. Within a week, it had escaped and killed their family parakeet. Cockatiels were the best. They liked anyone that would give them a shoulder to perch and sleep on.

Eric_75

I love parrots, but many only bond with one person. My wife and I had a peach-faced love bird and cockatiels in the 70s & 80s. The love bird, we got from a breeder, was insane. It would fly down to the floor, spread its wings, and chase our young daughters out of the room. When it got to the point where it was drawing blood, snapping welds on its cage to escape, and I was the only one that could handle it, I gave it to a pet shop run by a "bird guru". Even he thought it was deranged and gave it to a kid who helped clean the cages after school. Within a week, it had escaped and killed their family parakeet. Cockatiels were the best. They liked anyone that would give them a shoulder to perch and sleep on.
She's well balanced for the most part. She's only bit me once on the arm. I've got a scar there to this day that I call the Buddy Tattoo.

Eric_75

Great looker, does she talk at all?
Thanks! Oh yes, she talks all the time. Whenever I open the refrigerator door she says yummy, yummy, yummy. She's always trying to get a treat or snack.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You should drop a pic in this thread:

Although some may argue that these are friends or family members as opposed to "pets" :lol1:

Eric_75

You should drop a pic in this thread:

Although some may argue that these are friends or family members as opposed to "pets" :lol1:
Thank you, Phil. I will!

Top Bottom