What's new

Say goodbye to PA

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I tried to order some from BnB. Site said they don't ship cigars to WA state. So I was hoping they would ship me some PA.

They sent me an order confirmation and tracking info. Decided to check the tracking and couldn't find anything. So I checked my payment info and don't see the charge on their either. Figured they must have cancelled it?

Oh well. Hopefully by the time I finish the PA tub. The store I bought it from will have re stocked it. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

Rookie guy
If you can find a pouch of PA give it a try. I notice a lot of CH smokers enjoy the Prince as well.

I plan on keeping them both on hand and have been smoking them throughout the last couple of weeks almost daily.
I just checked my bank account and the charge is pending, probably shipment. It often takes a couple of days to show up on USPS. If you don’t have the USPS app, I find it very handy. I’m having the dregs of a pouch of PA right now and enjoying it mutchly.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Apparently there’s a body piercing that only men can get that’s named a “prince albert”. Never had the piercing, nor the pipe tobacco. After reading about both, don’t think I’m missing out on much.
If you must choose one or the other, I would recommend the tobacco. However, should you choose the other, please don’t post photo 😂.

Getting back closer to track, I was able to find a couple pouches of PA in the wild today. Oddly enough, it was at a [wink] tobacco [wink] store I found it. I grabbed one pouch/ box and left the other three for those "couple ah old sons-a-[guns] that still come in sometimes and buys that crap." I figure tomorrow I'll open it up and see what the fuss is about.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Getting back closer to track, I was able to find a couple pouches of PA in the wild today. Oddly enough, it was at a [wink] tobacco [wink] store I found it. I grabbed one pouch/ box and left the other three for those "couple ah old sons-a-[guns] that still come in sometimes and buys that crap." I figure tomorrow I'll open it up and see what the fuss is about.
That was very thoughtful of you. That will make some codger’s day 😊.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
My replacement tub of PA arrived safe and sound today.

Once I finish off the present open tub, I will crack open a tub of LLRR for the daily puffs, and not jump into my remaining PA until this report gets confirmed either way.

I may also dabble in a wee bit of EGR after that, which I haven't had in a while.

I handed off the couple unopened pouches of PA that I had lying around (in a re-sealed tin) to my son, because that's what dads do.

Tonight ... it's some Boswells that just arrived, because Mrs. Columbo deserves some nice room notes.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just checked my bank account and the charge is pending, probably shipment. It often takes a couple of days to show up on USPS. If you don’t have the USPS app, I find it very handy. I’m having the dregs of a pouch of PA right now and enjoying it mutchly.
I got an email from BnB saying my order was in back order. Did you get same?

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I got an email from BnB saying my order was in back order. Did you get same?
When I was digging around a couple weeks ago, that was one of vendors that was showing out of stock. I didn’t notice anything about a BO.

I don’t normally buy from them, but their prices are fair. I was hoping you had hit paydirt.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
My replacement tub of PA arrived safe and sound today.

Once I finish off the present open tub, I will crack open a tub of LLRR for the daily puffs, and not jump into my remaining PA until this report gets confirmed either way.

I may also dabble in a wee bit of EGR after that, which I haven't had in a while.

I handed off the couple unopened pouches of PA that I had lying around (in a re-sealed tin) to my son, because that's what dads do.

Tonight ... it's some Boswells that just arrived, because Mrs. Columbo deserves some nice room notes.
Where did you buy it?

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

Hopefully, it hasn’t been sitting on the shelf since WWI, and you got a nice, moist pouch.

I always see people bad mouth these OTCs based on an ancient, dried-out pouch the convenience store kept on their frankfurter display ... or they start out by declaring “I don’t normally like Burleys”, puff away on it like a steam locomotive, and then wonder why it tastes like a used Kingsford briquette.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Where did you buy it?

A little online pipe shop in Florida called The Pipe Nook.

I got his last tub. And I overpaid a little for it.

The young fellow who runs it packed it like the Hope Diamond, so I don’t mind paying a few extra dollars in retrospect.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
A little online pipe shop in Florida called The Pipe Nook.

I got his last tub. And I overpaid a little for it.

The young fellow who runs it packed it like the Hope Diamond, so I don’t mind paying a few extra dollars in retrospect.
I forgot about him. And yes his packaging is a real chore to open. He really promotes C&D and I don’t care for their blends so I just didn’t think about it. I’ll pick up a pouch of PA from a neighbor and wait till the panic is over. A little story - I bought a tub a few years ago and was on the patio having a pipe with my son. I opened the can and he asked if it was really a good blend and I told him I didn’t really remember because the last time I had smoked it was when I was 13 years old.

I hope it's fairly fresh, but we'll see I guess. If not, there are ways to rehydrate. And I'm not sure if it was me being nice leaving the other pouches. Part of it is those codgers earned their brands, part of it is I didn't need it. I may wish I had bought more, it wouldn't be the first time (Field and Stream Match, I'm looking at you!).

As far as the OTC hate, it's easy to knock this brands. I get it. They're what our fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and neighbors scoped and puffed on for decades in their Grabows/ Kaywookies/ Yello Boles/Medicos. Like big American sedans, they seem to be from another era. And with the dizzying array of tobaccos and blends from around the world (except England right now) a box sitting curmudgeonly on a shelf for $5.99 certainly doesn't have that flair same of exotic or luxury.

Top Bottom