What's new

Saxon Wood Spice AS from the 80s

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I went into a pharmacy today where time has stood still for decades. Bought a few old-timey shave things.

Anyone have face-slapping experience with Saxon After Shave?

[/URL]

It's a cream, "wood spice." Was popular, but expensive, comparatively speaking- this one was marked $10.79. Marked down to $1; not much risk.

It sat on the shelves of this way-old-style pharmacy since 1985, if I read the production date right (0385).

Can still get it on Amazon, but around $23. :001_cool: It smells alright; not sure I'd pay that for it.

Also found Burma Shave brushes (pictured). Nice boar for $5.98. Firm. Going to take it for a spin.

They apologized for not having any soap, offered to order it. :laugh: But I already have plenty of Williams, thanks.

Saxonites?

AA

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The stuff has/had its fans, according to Amazon.

Putting a 30-year old AS cream on my face might GIVE me irritation and burn ... Yet it must be done.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator

To vanquish is not enough- it must be utterly, utterly destroyed.

:tongue_sm So far I've put the stuff on my forehead, and does smell familiar ... Then I placed it: suntan lotion.

people were paying $23 for 3 oz. of suntan lotion.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
For a goof, one day after a raw shave, I put on this aged/funky Saxon. Things felt ... better. Nothing bad happened, so it must have "conquered razor burn." :a24:

Another day an alcohol-only aftershave gave dryface ... for some reason, threw the Saxon on. Worked, and smelled nice. :syn:

In a hurry today, didn't want to waste the Speick (face medicine) on what wasn't really a bad shave ... Saxon again! :a11:

For a 30-year old aftershave ... stuff's not bad! :wheelchair:

AA

Top Bottom