What's new

Saw this at the drug store today

Tampa area Walgreens has it as well. $4.99 a can. I'm pretty sure this is a new launch to coincide with their Gillette 5 and Gillette 3 razors that came out recently.

That makes sense, the gillette.en website (European I think?) Shows the new can while the US site shows the old one. The .en page also recommends the new gillette 3 razor at the bottom of the page.

So let's see... Gillette has dropped prices, introduced new "budget" models instead of adding more blades yet again, re-released a better performing foam, and is now starting to push their 3 blade carts more then the 5 blade carts. I guess the renewed interest in traditional shaving is finally taking it's toll on them.

That makes sense, the gillette.en website (European I think?) Shows the new can while the US site shows the old one. The .en page also recommends the new gillette 3 razor at the bottom of the page.

So let's see... Gillette has dropped prices, introduced new "budget" models instead of adding more blades yet again, re-released a better performing foam, and is now starting to push their 3 blade carts more then the 5 blade carts. I guess the renewed interest in traditional shaving is finally taking it's toll on them.
I have seen that too, still kind of hidden on the shaving section on the the mayority of the stores but I am glad we are making a dent on their market share, probably very small but enough for them to take a step back on their ridiculous marketing!

I have seen that too, still kind of hidden on the shaving section on the the mayority of the stores but I am glad we are making a dent on their market share, probably very small but enough for them to take a step back on their ridiculous marketing!

And that is the main thing really. We won't convert every guy and for those who want to use carts Gillette does make fine products, their prices are just absurd.

@slybrewguy you are right, lets take for example their gel aftershave, is not very expensive to begin with but I was a bit hesitant to buy it mainly cause it was gillete, but it was half off at my local store and I bought it just to try it and get it out of my system, but was I surprised, found it really nice and refreshing that most likely I will buy it again, so just like you said, their prices are just not right at all

IMG_20180317_222823.jpg
Thanks for the tip guys! Found this at the grocery store (HEB on Burnet for the Austin guys) this afternoon.

Tampa area Walgreens has it as well. $4.99 a can. I'm pretty sure this is a new launch to coincide with their Gillette 5 and Gillette 3 razors that came out recently.

I agree, I found another one I believe is new also, at least the reviews on their website only go back a month or so. It's called "Gillette Series Sensitive Cool" and comes in the tall skinny can like their gels. It has a similar blue color scheme as the other can and on the back recommends "Use with a Sensor3 Cool razor for a unique cooling sensation.". It does have a mild menthol feel and does seem like good stuff in general. I've been using it with a '54 SS Flare Tip and a pre-war Tech btw.

Now that you can buy generic store-branded Mach3 compatible carts, I'm sure they took a huge hit on their own Mach3, and I can't imagine the Fusions are doing well either, with new options appearing every month..
My GF's dad loves his Dorco razor/cartridge combo, for example.

Now that you can buy generic store-branded Mach3 compatible carts, I'm sure they took a huge hit on their own Mach3, and I can't imagine the Fusions are doing well either, with new options appearing every month..
My GF's dad loves his Dorco razor/cartridge combo, for example.

I've used the Mach 3 since it came out until the end of 2015. I never considered the Fusion. 5 blades just always seemed like overkill to me. And then when I considered how much more it cost over the Mach 3 and it was a no brainer.

I bought a can at Walgreens. At least they had a buy-one get-one half off sale on all their men's shaving and grooming supplies, so I added some Nivea face wash. Smells wonderful, but I haven't shaved with it yet.

Found it this morning at Albertsons grocery in Clovis, New Mexico, USA. Two for $4 US.

I didn't buy any. Guess I'm a Tabac snob.

The scent is absolutely wonderful. The performance is on par with Barbasol, nothing amazing but as good as it gets for something out of a can. Back to the scent, I swear, if I could find a higher quality soap or cream that had this scent (it's in the Azzaro PH realm of barber shop), I don't think I would use anything else.

Replaced the red and blue can. See it in Harmon and in local Indy store. I like the scent. It's the only canned stuff I keep around

Family Dollar near me has a good supply for $2.25 a can. Also Family Dollar Spice was $1. Cashier told me they were doing some remodeling and spice was going away. Many thanks to the enablers here lol, had to buy 2 cans of the barber shop fresh!

Used the barber shop can today. Not bad for canned, does have a great powdery smell. Like all cans dries quickly and leaves my face feeling dry, ymmv. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it for those who prefer canned. I will have no problem using it this summer in my camper.

Top Bottom