What's new

Savon le Père Lucien (Le Père Lucien Soap)

Very good soap, and the refill is rather cheap in Europe, I paid 13 euros I think. But the scent is not my favourite, its only good, I smell thyme and mint (kind of milder Mystic Water Maestrale)

Shaved twice with LPL traditional scent. Excellent soap and I even like the smell. However, it burns my face a bit. Does anyone have similar experiences?

Alas, I also did.Wonderful scent, lathered phenomenally, and slick as owl scat. Then, as soon as I finished my first pass it started. An unmistakable burning sensation. I loved the soap so much I made two more passes hoping the burn would subside...it didn't. The following morning I shaved with it again. Same thing. Burning. The very first soap to burn and it would have to have been my absolute favorite to that date! Again, I cannot stress how ​fantastic the aroma, lathering, and performance are.

Ended up trading it away.

Alas, I also did.Wonderful scent, lathered phenomenally, and slick as owl scat. Then, as soon as I finished my first pass it started. An unmistakable burning sensation. I loved the soap so much I made two more passes hoping the burn would subside...it didn't. The following morning I shaved with it again. Same thing. Burning. The very first soap to burn and it would have to have been my absolute favorite to that date! Again, I cannot stress how ​fantastic the aroma, lathering, and performance are.

Ended up trading it away.

I wonder what could be the cause of burning? Never experienced anything of the kind before. I don't suffer from allergies or sensitive skin. Interesting because I had identical experience to yours. Won't be using the soap again unfortunately.

I wonder what could be the cause of burning? Never experienced anything of the kind before. I don't suffer from allergies or sensitive skin. Interesting because I had identical experience to yours. Won't be using the soap again unfortunately.

Yes, like you I am hesitant to try it again. Still, the other scents look tempting and whatever caused the irritation might not be in a different soap...

Just shaved with the traditional scent for the first time.
Overall a very good performer with quite appealing scent to me.
Will keep it in my den. :)

well, i tried it...
as much as i love LPL this particular fougere goes to "maybe one day" bin. I bought two, i already gifted one. If you have MdC fougere, stick to it.
Scent is very earthy, for lack of better term, just like a real fougere should be, much stronger than MdC (which i find to be more "floral"). However, there is something, like the french say "je ne sais quoi" doesn't feel quite right to me. Than again, i'm not a scent guy, maybe others like it. Performance wise is great!

Just got my first tin of LPL. Got the Rose de Pushkar 98g.
Can't stop smelling it! Lovely. Kind of reminds me of Rose Turkish delight :tongue_sm
just used it for tonight's shave and am amazed how good it was. Really nice lather and felt so creamy and slick on the face. Had a totally irritation free shave which for me is very good. Well impressed.
Not so easy to load my duke 3 from the small size tin. Wish you could still get the Rose in the larger 200g tins. Tempted to get a larger tin in another scent so I've ordered samples for each. Will then decide which I prefer.

Top Bottom