What's new

savlie row vs merkur

I am entertaining the thought of switching from a merkur HD, to a vision razor.I noticed merkur offers a razor and brush combo. anyone know how the merkur silvertip would compare to the savile row silvertip? Sol G-

tosolg said:
I am entertaining the thought of switching from a merkur HD, to a vision razor.I noticed merkur offers a razor and brush combo. anyone know how the merkur silvertip would compare to the savile row silvertip? Sol G-
Saville Row would be much better in my opinion. I have used the Dovo "micarta" handled "silvertip" shaving brush before, and was unimpressed.

Tosolg... Sorry, I can't toss $0.02 into the brush question, but to fog up your mirror a little, why not consider the Futur rather than the Vision? After a few months on the Merkur HD, I've been having tremendous success with the Futur.

Just for my own info, what draws you to the Vision?

Sol:

My counsel would be the Savile Row silvertip and the Vision razor. The Vision would likely win out as my favorite razor. I've only had the Futur around 5 or 6 weeks and it is a viable option because the cost is about half of the Vision and is very close to the Vision in performance. I just love the feel and balance of the Vision. No comparison for me between the HD and the Vision.

Top Bottom