What's new

Saving Fuel

I did all of this stuff, and now save 130% on gas. It is annoying, though, stopping to drain the overflow every now and again :lol: :lol:

Hey guys I know that not everyone can bicycle because of family or tools but if you can do it then your gas usage will drop significantly. Therefore the cost to the old wallet is less and more SOAPS AND CREAMS :wink:. I work in the health care industry working on average more than 80hrs a week and usually use my bike. Great for the wallet. My older brother has lost >80lbs after he started to commute because of the cost. So there are other benefits as well.
If you can do it, try it.

Spattz

I'll take a bit of issue with Number 5 and air conditioning. Sure, not using it at all will save some usage, but compared to using it versus driving with the windows down might not be much better. Today's cars are much more aerodynamic and rely on the windows up to take advantage of the fuel economy inherent in the design, so on really warm days, I'd blast the ac versus not using it.

Driving with the AC off here in Houston on a summer's day to save some gas? Not going to happen.

The rest of the world, with some exceptions, have been paying these kinds of prices for years. It's a wake up for us Americans that is probably long overdue.

I always chuckle when I see some yo-yo complaining about the price of gas whilst holding a 12oz Starbucks drink in hand that cost $ 3.50 ( that equates to $ 37.33 a gallon). Even filling station coffee at $ 0.99 for a 16oz. cup equates to $ 7.92 a Gallon. It's all a matter of perspective.

Don't forget, you're paying for the jet fuel and gas used to get those products to the retail outlets, as well as the gas you used to get there. Gas prices are a rather insidious drain on the economy. I also have a much easier choice to give up buying coffee (and I do) than I have giving up gasoline.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
You can always move to Caracas, Venezuela- 17 cents a gallon, and their national sport is beauty pageantry. :001_tt1:

Top Bottom