What's new

Savile Row Brushes

I have 3 different sizes of the Tortoise shell handled brushes. Are these brushes going bye bye? I am having trouble finding them online?

I hadn't seen a tortoise SR in a while until your avatar. Most any that I'd seen were from before I started wet shaving.

I don't remember where I bought them. lol
I love em though. They are like the one in my avatar.

I have 3 different sizes of the Tortoise shell handled brushes. Are these brushes going bye bye? I am having trouble finding them online?

Unfortunately they've already gone bye bye. Charles (QED) discontinued them more than a year ago. They occasionaly pop up on the BST, but not very often.

They're rebranded Kent brushes. That one in your avatar is the T-series, I think. These brushes were everywhere in British dept, stores a couple of years ago, but seem to have gone the way of the Dodo, even in their Kent incarnation. I have a T8. It was my first brush. A gift for Christmas 2006 I believe. Very nice weighty handsome handle, but lacking in density a bit for my newer tastes in brushes. I'd sell mine but for sentiment.

I have no comparison by which to judge them except for a Vulvix travel brush and my Merkur Futur Badger brush.
I love mine and find the tortoise to be a very handsome.
I know the 30mm is a SR212.
The other 2 are in the range of 24 and 18mm but I am not sure. They were the 3 sizes available at the time. They work great for soap and creams.
I guess I will consider myself lucky to have them..
proxy.php

I need to make a correction. I found the original boxes that my Savile Row brushes came in and discovered that I had the model numbers wrong.
They are as follows:

SR104 = 20mm knot
SR108 = 25mm knot
SR112 - 30mm knot

Not that it's anything major, but I hate confusion.:blushing:

Top Bottom