What's new

Savile Row Brush News

After just about boxing Charles about the ears, he was kind enough to provide me with two interesting tidbits. First, here is a compendium of information about the available handmade silvertips.

Per your request, here are the available Savile Row silvertip brushes; the first two
numbers in the codes are the series (meaning brushes with the same first two numbers
have the same handle shape), the last two numbers in the codes are the knot sizes:

All 22mm = $98.00

All 24mm = $115.00

All 26mm = $135.00

All 28mm = $150.00

All 30mm = $170.00

I took the liberty to link the shapes to the pictures..

The second bit:
The SR-104, SR-108, and SR-112 with faux tortoise handles in Pure Badger and SR-204, SR-208, and SR-212 with faux tortoise handles in super badger are now also available with the (white) faux ivory handle. Same shape, same great badger..:thumbup1:

Ron:

Thanks for putting all of these in one place. It makes for one stop drooling!

If anyone's looking for an absolutely wonderful brush, look no further than this line of brushes. I have the 3126 and it is luxurious to say the least. Excellent vertical hair strength, very soft on the face, holds a ton of water, and whips up a mean lather. :thumbup:

I know that one day, as if by magic, I will go to QED and find a site where all the ranges are represented and I can find them on a page other than "OTHER." It might even display the page tags so you can refer others to them. And then I woke...

S

shavingrace

Brilliant post. Thanks for showing the pictures. This line of brushes is just phenomenal, and Charles himself is a truly knowledgeable guy, and a pleasure to deal with--now if only your "wish" would come true! (One downside to your fine effort: I must have one of these beauties...damnit.)

Phil

Charles proudly announces the addition of the 3132 and 3332 to the Savile Row range of silvertip brushes. Not for the faint of heart, this is the badger-lovers brush. If you are looking for luxury, look no further!
The 32mm knot models are presently being offered at $195.

guenron said:
Charles proudly announces the addition of the 3132 and 3332 to the Savile Row range of silvertip brushes. Not for the faint of heart, this is the badger-lovers brush. If you are looking for luxury, look no further!

Do these come with flotation devices??? :w00t:

Randy

Who needs a flotation device -- just drop one of these new 32mm brushes into the body of water your floating in, and watch it dry up! :eek: :biggrin:

Randy,

I hear ya -- I just went the other way with the joke.

I reckon these are just the brushes for those of us that can't seem to use our creams and soaps fast enough, huh?

xChris said:
Randy,

I hear ya -- I just went the other way with the joke.

I reckon these are just the brushes for those of us that can't seem to use our creams and soaps fast enough, huh?

Chris,

I sold my 30mm, and the largest brush I now own is a 26mm. Somedays that seems like more brush than I need.

Randy

guenron said:

How many did you order? :tongue: :tongue_sm :lol:

Here is the 32MM next to the 22MM

full

SR3332 on its own...
full

Last edited by a moderator:
The news for which you have been waiting!
QED is now offering the following models

3118 $75.
3120 $85.
3318 $75.
3320 $85.

of Savile Row Silvertip brushes. AND they're in stock!

Ron - this is a great post, thanks a ton for your efforts.
I will be buying a new brush soon and I've pretty much decided on a Savile Row but I couldn't find an easy "all-in-one" reference page for them anywhere - until I found this thread.

See - some people actually do use the search feature :thumbup1:

Maybe if we all just email Charles 50 times a day with questions, he will be forced to revamp the website and keep it current. :biggrin:

Does anyone know the knot size of the C&E Best (the $35 one)? I want something bigger than it, but not too much bigger.

Top Bottom