What's new

Savile Row 3824 vs 3124

Can someone tell me the difference between the Savile Row 3824 and the 3124. If you had a comparison picture that would be great too. Thanks.

Does anyone know where the SR 3824 is in stock? Checked with Charles but they are out of stock at the moment.

I'm pretty sure he'll be getting some in quite soon. I asked him for a special brush almost a month ago, and he said it would take about a month to get. My bet is that he is about to have a ton of stock on hand.

I was going to get a 3824 a few weeks ago, based on the glowing comments on B&B. Charles was out of stock so I went with the 3124 instead. I couldn't be happier with this brush. It took about a week to break in but now I think about my next shave all the time just so I can whip up a new bowl of gorgeous lather.

Roger

How do you think the 3124 will do with soaps? I'm looking for a brush that will be good with soaps and lathering on the face too. Let me know what you think.

I was going to get a 3824 a few weeks ago, based on the glowing comments on B&B. Charles was out of stock so I went with the 3124 instead. I couldn't be happier with this brush. It took about a week to break in but now I think about my next shave all the time just so I can whip up a new bowl of gorgeous lather.

Roger

It's not super dense like a Simpson Chubby or anything but it still works well with soaps. Very good all around brush. Not floppy but not stiff either.

YMMV, IMO, etc., etc.

How do you think the 3124 will do with soaps? I'm looking for a brush that will be good with soaps and lathering on the face too. Let me know what you think.

It should do great with soaps as it is quite dense.
BTW, I switched from lathering on my face to using a bowl last week. The lather is waaaaaay superior with the bowl.

Roger

The brush bristles and knots should be the same, but the handles, though of similar size have a different appearance. I had an SR 3824 and absolutely loved it, a fantastic brush. I know the SR 3124 would be great as well, but I liked both the appearance and shape of the 3824's handle much better. They're the same price, I'd definately go for the 3824.

Top Bottom