What's new

Saved from the Trash. Literally! A #22 finds a home moments before death! [PICS]

We've all endured the goofy looks.

When you tell someone you collect razors or even just use vintage razors they look at you like you're slightly kooky.

BUT - let me tell you it's worth the kooky words to get the message out there that you are looking for these things. It pays off sometimes. Many of my collection I have acquired simply by word of mouth from people in my extended circles.

Exhibit A....

A guy gets in touch with me me because he knows through a mutual friend that I collect vintage razors. It seems while he was taking out his garbage, HE FINDS THIS ON THE GROUND BESIDE THE APARTMENT DUMPSTER. IN THE SNOW. AMONG SOME TRASH.

Sends me a pic and asks if I want it. Do I ever.

This is after a very light round of cleaning. It was in great shape to begin with.

I cannot believe even an uninformed person would just chuck this out. Can you imagine all the ones we don't save? sigh.

$22-1.jpg$22-2.jpg$22-3.jpg

It's not enough to be an ignorant to throw away such a beauty. I mean, it's not enough to not know that this is a razor to just dispose of something like that. What's wrong with someone like this? I just don't get it.

Great rescue, great story!

Top Bottom