What's new

Save the scales or make new ones?

Make new scales or not?

• Keep old scales and try to keep inlay

• Make new scales out of horn/bone

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK..yeah, next time you can pick up an attachment to buff for your drill and it would do a lot of help. Good luck on the bevel...lol...I'm doing it right now on 4 blades!!!! (best part is I'm at work on double time!!! Woo-hoo!

haha nice, your job sounds nice! And yeah I'm also setting the bevel on 2 other straights. Somehow I really love restoring them but getting them all shave-ready not as much. I'm not always satisfied with the edges on them and put them aside to come back later, but then I never have time!

I have some of the cloth wheels that come with the dremel but I've only tried using them once on a blade and it didn't seem to work that well so i've been doing it all by hand since. Maybe I should give it another try...

OK...first the ones on the Dremel are to hard, unless one of them are fluffy or real soft, just go easy on the pressure..it better to use almost no pressure and get the shine slowly then to use TOO much pressure and get a burn mark..But as long a you go slow you'll get rid of the brown haze..
I am kind of new to the honing..I've done about 35 blades and am still perfecting m technique. I tell one thing I did was pick up a cheap microscope that plugs into my lap top.($35.00 0n Amazon) Now I can see what I'm doing much, much better. It has really helped me, I can get some kick butt edges! And a good even bevel too!

Top Bottom