Classic Pesto

I used a cuisinart 4 cup.

2/3 cup olive oil
3 oz. parmesan cheese
2 oz. fresh basil
2 oz. pine nuts
1 garlic clove
salt and ground black pepper

1 - Mix all the ingredients for the pesto with a few tablespoons of the olive oil. Use a food processor or a blender.

2 - Add the rest of the oil and mix a bit more.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
One of my favorite sauces with lamb is to start with Inglehoffer's Sweet Hot Mustard, add a little more honey to it (a matter of taste, texture, and whim), and then add chopped fresh mint (and maybe another herb--basil, tarragon, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, sage all work, but pick just one). It's a great glaze as it is, or add resting juices to make it more a sauce. It shouldn't need much thinning to be a sauce.

One of my favorite sauces with lamb is to start with Inglehoffer's Sweet Hot Mustard, add a little more honey to it (a matter of taste, texture, and whim), and then add chopped fresh mint (and maybe another herb--basil, tarragon, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, sage all work, but pick just one). It's a great glaze as it is, or add resting juices to make it more a sauce. It shouldn't need much thinning to be a sauce.
Oh yeah! Sweet hot mustard with personalized additions.

I make mustards for my lamb. Here are a couple batches and one in the works from some time ago.
I dry rub with fresh ground also. Need to whip up a batch for a 1.7 lb loin received today.

F0C07FE6-9370-4B18-B95D-07C38FE0BC66.jpeg

/\ brown mustard, stevia sweetened.
2F87CEB9-90F3-4041-9AC1-30FE7D2DC798.jpeg

/\ wild berry aloe juice, fresh ground mustard, sea salt, pumpkin seed oil, orange marmalade,
chia, stevia, lemon zest, turmeric, honey.
9EF27264-E946-4861-BCD7-A397AE351C71.jpeg

/\ honey mustard

Had rack of lamb tonight for dinner. I've always favored Julia Child's mustard, garlic, rosemary, ginger, and soy sauce coating from Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

Chris

Top Bottom